Is the roller bearing supposed to move around????????

H

hot70cc

There seems to be alot of movement with the bearing, it the same size , I'm just wondering if it is supposed to be like that or i need a bigger bearing to make it tight

Attachments

• DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 362
It is supposed to move back and forth. The newer 70cc DAX motors with the upper roller bearing are the same way.

I do have the new 70cc motor, My other needle bearing broke apart. So now i'm getting 2 different opinions. Which is it ???????? Yes Or No lollololl. Butch? or azkronic?

In my opinion if there's little or no up and down movement when the bearing is centered on he upper connecting rod you should be good to go.

i have the solution to the bearing fix, i took it to a small engine repair place and me and him worked to solve the bearing issue from moving outta place. as you can see in the pic we placed 2 washers machined within thousands on each side of the bearing so the bearing will not move out of place and stay in between the connecting rod center. I have the engine all back together and it runs smoooth and seem to hold up really well. He also honed( spell chec) the cylinder out a couple thousands. made alittle more power. new piston and rings.

Attachments

• DAX 010.jpg
    DAX 010.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 427
Please explain how he honed the cylinder to gain more power....I am very intrigued.

Bigger cyclinder equals more power. took about 1 1/2 hours to do with a hone tool. My gashes where that deep we had no choice to keep honeing till the cylinder was smooth enouph for the new piston and rings. hope that intrigued you more

I can understand new rings, but why a new piston head, is it cracked? So if their are scratches in the cylinder, should it be honed? I know that I have some scratches in my cylinder, but I thought that this is normal. I have also noticed a decrease in power, mainly climbing hills. I don't know if you can answer this for me or not, but is the cylinder supposed to be scratch free? I would think that is impossible. Hmmm... Thanks for the help. oh yeah, maybe you already answered this, but where did you get the needle bearing at and how much did it cost? How much did it cost to hone your cylinder out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back