Is there a 50cc diesel engine out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an ultra small 4 cyl engine would be accomplished, using ultra small ultra high compression single piece head, and cyl block.

Easy peasy, just gotta actually cast, machine, sleeve, and assemble it, which I have no time or resources to do any time in my near future.
Yeah, right if you had the time and a million bucks you would make this pipe dream. lol
Neva gonna happen.

My reason for wanting a diesel is that they:

1) Have a lot of TQ without having to rev the snot out of them
2) Great MPG. Should be able to hit the 250+ MPG mark
3) I would put money on it that you could get 5 HP out of a small 50cc diesel. That doesn't seem like much but regular gas engines make around 2.1 to 2.5 hp. That is a big increase.
4) Should be great for hills
5) Should last a long time

You pay a little more for diesel but do the math........is it really that much more out of pocket for the fuel when we are talking about a 50cc engine that would get over 200mpg.

Assume 4 for regular and 4.50 for diesel. Lets also assume that the bikes get the same mpg (around 200 miles).......diesel should get better mpg but for sake of arguement we'll say the same.

4/200 = .02 ............that's 2 cents per mile

4.50/200 = .022 ........that's 2.225 cents per mile.

So your complaining about paying an extra .225 cents per mile?

Eat one less cheesburger at McDonalds and you'll make your cost up in fuel for the year. Now let me run another thing past you. What if you could run your cooking oil in the engine. Eat fries for lunch and use your own used oil for your engine. ie almost never having to fill up at the station. If you couldn't burn straight cooking oil I bet a dozen donuts that you could mix the oil with diesel to make it go further. But we are talking about less than 3 tenths of a cent per mile here.

The big down side is that buying the engine to start off with would be more. However diesel engines tend to last longer due to the engineering that goes into them.

If gas goes to (when gas goes to) 5 or 6 bucks a gallon we will see these engines developed and I want to be the one investing in this company that will make these engines.
the tolerance of a diesel engine is much more than gas. Harder to take a apart and mod/rebuilt. lots of s**t going on. Might as well build a steam powered motorbike.

about the only thing wrong with a mini diesel would be it's gotta be heavy like super heavy. there might be a little bit smaller than this FG 418cc 9hp 52kg. actually it's kinda cheap too for what it is,, $181 + freight from China

or... :D
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...m=a2700.wholesale.maylikehoz.3.31975ba0ZcFYso
but actually it's 250cc/8.6hp

edit: Chinese are so bad at advertising their stuff for the English speaking ppl
little scrolling and digging and ^ have a model that's 98cc, the 152 F/P 8.8kg.
these agriculture engines are all under $200 almost any size
anything comparable US made is 8-10x the price

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of diesel smoke. All I can remember is all the busses idling on a cold day getting out of school. Yuck. Made me have a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back