Fuel Mixture Is there any fuel boosters out there?

Lol stop putting garbage in your gas tank. Even on 4strokes those additives don't work, let alone a simple valveless 2stroke.

Just run normal 87 pump gas with a quality oil on your chinagirl. If you are high compression (180+psi) and/or advanced timing and experiencing detonation, step it up to mid grade or premium and/or run a cooler plug until detonation stops.

Higher octane makes LESS power when not needed. It is a fuels RESISTANCE to detonation to prevent preignition in high compression(like 12:1), forced induction, or high performance engine. Not an ~8-9:1 compression chinese 66cc 2stroke.

I mentioned that injecting water into the engine will boost performance, and I just found something interesting. This is a speech by a WWII P-47 pilot, at 29:00 he describes his own airplane's use of water injection as a power booster.

If ordinary water can do it, why is it so hard to believe? It's just a matter of converting energy otherwise wasted as heat back into pressure we can use. And with 90% of the energy created normally being heat, even a marginal improvement will result in a substantial gain.

This is totally irrelevant. Even old piston WWII planes cruised at 30k feet where the air is extremely thin. At only 18k air density is half of sea level. The water injection is not for the fuel as some magic additive - water doesn't compress so it is used to increase compression in the crazy thin atmosphere to gain back the power loss that prop planes experience at high altitude. It also helps to cool the intake charge since the planes used MASSIVE superchargers to even function at high altitude (piston engines hate altitude).

Unless you run your chinagirl on the top of a mountain, water injection is just a quick and easy way to bend a rod. There are much more controllable, safer ways to increase compression on an engine that you can use math to calculate precise ratios.

Lol wonder why no one responded to this
(bullsh*t?)
Done :).

Can't believe I spent this much time on one of these posts :LOL:.

Lol stop putting garbage in your gas tank. Even on 4strokes those additives don't work, let alone a simple valveless 2stroke.

Just run normal 87 pump gas with a quality oil on your chinagirl. If you are high compression (180+psi) and/or advanced timing and experiencing detonation, step it up to mid grade or premium and/or run a cooler plug until detonation stops.

Higher octane makes LESS power when not needed. It is a fuels RESISTANCE to detonation to prevent preignition in high compression(like 12:1), forced induction, or high performance engine. Not an ~8-9:1 compression chinese 66cc 2stroke.

This is totally irrelevant. Even old piston WWII planes cruised at 30k feet where the air is extremely thin. At only 18k air density is half of sea level. The water injection is not for the fuel as some magic additive - water doesn't compress so it is used to increase compression in the crazy thin atmosphere to gain back the power loss that prop planes experience at high altitude. It also helps to cool the intake charge since the planes used MASSIVE superchargers to even function at high altitude (piston engines hate altitude).

Unless you run your chinagirl on the top of a mountain, water injection is just a quick and easy way to bend a rod. There are much more controllable, safer ways to increase compression on an engine that you can use math to calculate precise ratios.

Done :).

Can't believe I spent this much time on one of these posts :LOL:.
Don't feel alone. I just hit like on a reply on here that's 1 1/2 years old. It's early.

Haha. I can confirm. Here in europe we have 95 octane fuel and 100 octane. Didn't feel any difference between the two (had to try, thought i had detonation after sanding cylinder)

My uncle has old gas thats 85 octane, and guess what. I tried some. I did my speed run of the street, and got somewhere between 1-2 seconds faster with the lower octane gas. Same riding conditions, tests done like 5 mins apart after clearing fuel bowl. This was before last christmas on my first, 50cc engine.

(By the way, I was not asking if it's bulls**t, I was calling the guy out for bulls**t)

If someone actually wants to try this, get a secondary carburetor over first one, and put in like a size 10 jet for water lol.

I was actually looking up nitromethane, as in mixing it 1:10 to fuel? the 1 being the nitromethane and the 10 being the fuel and then add like 25:1 oil

Napthelene mothballs work for me. Use one for 2 or 3 gallons of gas. Just make sure to use napthelene balls and NOT paradichlorobenzene balls, that stuff is urinal cake.

Haha. I can confirm. Here in europe we have 95 octane fuel and 100 octane. Didn't feel any difference between the two (had to try, thought i had detonation after sanding cylinder)

My uncle has old gas thats 85 octane, and guess what. I tried some. I did my speed run of the street, and got somewhere between 1-2 seconds faster with the lower octane gas. Same riding conditions, tests done like 5 mins apart after clearing fuel bowl. This was before last christmas on my first, 50cc engine.

(By the way, I was not asking if it's bullsh*t, I was calling the guy out for bullsh*t)
Keep in mind that modern gasoline is watered down with ethanol and it's not the same at all. If you are using it in a small engine in small amounts, you can wash out the ethanol with water. Pour some water in your gas can, shake it up, then let the water settle to the bottom and you can decant the purified gasoline off the top. If you mark the top of the gas before you pour the water in you will see the difference representing the transfer. You will end up with more water and less gas. Alcohol likes water better.

Or just shake the gas can, right? I mean ethanol becomes a gas easier then gas no?

I know alcohol likes water better, I like science.

We don't really have E85 anymore in Hungary either. I don't mind the ethanol. But my gas lines do

Last edited:
Or just shake the gas can, right? I mean ethanol becomes a gas easier then gas no?

I know alcohol likes water better, I'm kind of a homebrewer. :D

We don't really have E95 anymore in Hungary either. I don't mind the ethanol. But my gas lines do
I bet they do. The rubber compounds that resist gasoline and the ones that resist alcohol have nothing to do with one another. They had to invent entirely new rubber compounds that resist both to accommodate the new blended fuel. That's why I wash my fuel out. At least for my small engines, anyway. If you own a classic car you should really take it to your local small airport and buy aviation fuel for it. They can't blend avgas legally.

I bet they do. The rubber compounds that resist gasoline and the ones that resist alcohol have nothing to do with one another. They had to invent entirely new rubber compounds that resist both to accommodate the new blended fuel. That's why I wash my fuel out. At least for my small engines, anyway. If you own a classic car you should really take it to your local small airport and buy aviation fuel for it. They can't blend avgas legally.
And I'm not sure if ethanol is any more volitile than gasoline is. I don't think it is.

Back