CVT Is there anyone who doesn't want a NuVinci CVT hub??

Do you want a NuVinci CVT hub?

• Total voters
I agree,

I can live with the price, if it is a Rollex or Cadillac, NuVinci makes sense coupled to jack shaft which is on the lighter side which balances out the whole application.

However for my purpose I would need to mate it to a Staton box, then the whole thing would weigh twice as much as the engine.

Then my engine + a NuVinci hub + Staton box would weigh as much as my bike.

I need a MB capable of climbing trees for mountain off road tracks, yet light enough, so I can lift it and carry it over fallen trees, ditches etc.

On paved roads there is lots of choices, unfortunately I have not find solution for my needs yet.

weight is definitely an issue with the nuvinci...it weighs almost as much as the ht engine itself. But with heft usually comes bulletproof durability...

I would be interested to see how this unit does on a mountain bike on mountain trails... anybody with some experience they could share???

I agree,

I need a MB capable of climbing trees for mountain off road tracks, yet light enough, so I can lift it and carry it over fallen trees, ditches etc.

On paved roads there is lots of choices, unfortunately I have not find solution for my needs yet.

It sound like your best bet would be a horse.

NOW, is the time to buy a NuVinci

NuVinci? A great concept, it works, but....

It is too heavy (for bicycle) it weighs as much as most of bicycle engines.

And too expensive.

Good luck to those who expect reduction in price.

Due to it's nature Nuvinci is not likely to get cheaper or lighter ever.

If I am proven wrong I'll be happy, I'll buy it!

Well, Guess what? The NuVinci is currently selling for $275.00, and the
newest version (N360) is SMALLER and LIGHTER, it's available this month
also.

Guess what, if it is really lighter and cheaper I will buy it.

Who is selling it for $275 ?

Ive just the 400 mile mark on my nuvinci and i couldnt be happier. I do notice a slight loss in power at the top end but with the variability of keeping the gx35 right in the sweet spot of its power band it makes for a much more versitile ride.

As soon as the parts come in ill be running dual gx35's on the dual engine staton box. its good to hear the NV will handle up to 7hp. i was a little worried with twice the clutch surface i might break something.

I was talking to david staton earlier in the week and he mentioned to me that the hubs had much higher quality control in the early days of production but to keep cost down parts are being outsourced and quality will most surely suffer for it.... just a thought.

btw here's my rig: http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=27532

I was talking to david staton earlier in the week and he mentioned to me that the hubs had much higher quality control in the early days of production but to keep cost down parts are being outsourced and quality will most surely suffer for it.... just a thought.
Hmm... hopefully somebody can elaborate on this thought whenever the newest Nuvinci is released.

I'm finally ready to buy a Nuvinci now. Old one for $275, or new one which is "lighter, cheaper"??? Hmm... decisions, decisions.

K, I just found out the newest NuVinci 360 is NOT cheaper.

But I'd probly get it for the weight savings alone. That seems like it'd be worth an extra $75 or so.

The only downside is that the 360 only comes with a two-yr warranty!!!

Perhaps the NuVinci 170 would be best for motored applications then?!? Guess I'll have to wait some more. :(

Back