Is there Enough Room?

I havent got the engine yet from dax, but I'm making every prep possible so when it gets here it can go right on. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC01827.JPG
    DSC01827.JPG
    878.7 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC01828.JPG
    DSC01828.JPG
    754.8 KB · Views: 257
Pics attached below, I took pics of the whole bike just incase theres more than one error. Regarding the throttle, I took it apart and put the whole thing back together, when I take it out and pull back on the handle it compresses the spring, so I'm assuming its doing the same inside the carby.

John

Attachments

• Black Wire is grounded to frame.JPG
    Black Wire is grounded to frame.JPG
    627.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Front Handle Bar Assembly.JPG
    Front Handle Bar Assembly.JPG
    771.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Overall Engine Assembly.JPG
    Overall Engine Assembly.JPG
    830.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Rear Sproket.JPG
    Rear Sproket.JPG
    797.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Top of Engine.JPG
    Top of Engine.JPG
    667.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Wire coming out of Engine, Red wire is spliced to Blue Wire.JPG
    Wire coming out of Engine, Red wire is spliced to Blue Wire.JPG
    508.6 KB · Views: 180
I'll try and find the link here but here's one from Thatsdax.com http://www.thatsdax.com/INSTALL_PAGE_3.html

If you look down in the carb where the slide fits, you sould see a small brass knob/bearing looking thing sticking out. The side of the slide where the cable went in should line up with that knob. It sound like you did what I have done and just stuck it in there so it doesn't slide up and down but just stays open, thus high revs.
I hope this helps.

Here I found a link I was looking for http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=75826&postcount=1

Your wiring is fine...just put an ON/OFF toggle switch on that blue wire to use as a kill switch/anti-theft device & use the white wire coming out of the engine to power lights etc(if u want)
To see if the carby SOUNDS like it's doing it's job have the engine NOT running & twist the throttle fully open...let it snap back into position.You should be able to hear the slide(inside the carby) reseat itself as it snaps back to it's normal fually closed position.

I've tried that, there isnt much spring back action on the throttle handle, but I def know the slide is moving up and down. Is there any way to get more resistance? I've tried adjusting the thumb screw above the carby.

You might PM Duane at Thatsdax to see what he says. You might spay some teflon lube or WD40 in the cable sleeve and make sure the cable isn't kniked along the way.
You can also adjust the barrel at the throttle. Perhaps the throttle handle is too tight or in a bind.
I'm just thinking out loud here, because I've made so many mistakes or encountered similar situations. Hope it helps

I fixed the problem today, turns out the slide wasnt sitting in the carb barrel. There was a small burr on the end of the slide, ground it down, works beautifully! Went and rode 10 miles today, heck of a trip!

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Johnny- good work dude. I just read about your success...you better come find me and show me if you bring it in tomorrow. I'm still sitting lame in the garage...ahh, such is the life of a busy "working" professional. Overall, excellent.

7:00'ish...I'm gonna be hit and run though, I've got to run a few copies right away, then I'm booked for a 7:30 meeting...not very boss. I will see it I'm sure. I'm free 3rd period, but feel free to stop by anytime.

Back