Is there Enough Room?

I havent got the engine yet from dax, but I'm making every prep possible so when it gets here it can go right on. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC01827.JPG
    DSC01827.JPG
    878.7 KB · Views: 436
  • DSC01828.JPG
    DSC01828.JPG
    754.8 KB · Views: 255
It should fit, but it won't be the standard frame because the down tube is too big...

i had a frame like that, for the lower engine mount, i used longer studs, and a ball peen hammer to make a small dent in the side of the bike frame so the stud would clear it without grinding or rubbing. lasted the life of the bike until i switched frames. wish i didn't throw it away.

Looks like it'll work fine & your going the right way with the engine.
Best of luck man.

Thanks a bunch for all the luck everyone. I've been reading over pages and pages of useful information in this forum and I can't wait to start contributing more.

Sincerely,

John

Update: Engine is mounted after a P.I.T.A. install. The downtube posed a big problem, so I "macguyver"ed the mount a bit and it worked out fine. The countershaft box was tough getting off, the main problem was the extra long screw, it wouldnt budge and I ended up stripping it. I solved that problem by using a pair of visegrips. Just about to start the engine, and despite the problems I'm looking forward to it.

I'll post some pics when I get the chance.

John

i recently bought the same bike,but i returned it,and picked up a higher end bike at my local bike shop, but i had the same question about the mounting until i found your post, im interested to hear how she runs.

Finally started her up....Couple Questions

It didnt take me long after I realized I was going, and what a rush! The problem was stopping the bike....probably should have thought of that sooner but alwell lol Anyways, I pulled in the clutch and the engine rpm just took off! Is this normal? The problems continue, I hit the kill switch and the engine kept going! I killed the gas and eventually it died out, after doing that I set out to find the problem with the kill switch, everything looked right. The red wire is spliced in with the 2 blue wires, and the black wire is grounded to the bike frame. No idea where to start with the engine rpm.

Help required : )

John

when you manipulate the throttle grip do you hear stuff "going on" inside the carb? Sounds like something is not quite right in there. Also check for the ubiquitous vacuum leaks in the intake area.

As for the kill switch, try grounding to the black wire coming out of the magneto, that is "engine ground" and a more direct path. Maybe you have paint or something insulating the bike frame. Or a dud switch. You can always put a switch in between the two blue wires, that is the preferred method.

Back