Is this a good deal?

The 70mm worksman I posted is Junk? I’d like thicker spokes & maybe a double walled rim.

Probs going to a huesheng since the castings on the 2 strokes fall apart so fast.

Not really they have 12 gauge spokes, but 90mm drum would be better up front. They are heavy steel rims. Rear would need rim or disk brake, but would be good for shift kit.

I have a set of Worksman coaster rear and drum front, also have a Worksman trike with the same set up. The most important brake is the front, as it has the most stopping power. Just the rear brake is not enough.

Coaster brake, the newer china ones are cheap and fail, find a old Bendex, or New Departure and lace it in with heavy spokes. ..........Curt

$1000

I know a huesheng & Q matic would run me about half that.

My opinion Q matic is way overpriced for what you get, I know you can change the pulley for gear change, but 4G is lot cheaper, and if you need gear change you can just change the rear sprocket. My 2 Cents......................Curt

The 50cc 4c will not do more than 30mph so you should be OK with probably cheapest. But you do not need such heavy duty wheels. Also they will rust on the inside over time. If price is a concern go for it. But at that speed and requirement I recommend regular wheels with alloy (not chromed steel) rims and rim brakes. They will be stronger and stop you faster than any small drum even in the wet.

My opinion Q matic is way overpriced for what you get, I know you can change the pulley for gear change, but 4G is lot cheaper, and if you need gear change you can just change the rear sprocket. My 2 Cents......................Curt

What were your reports on the huesheng? 2/3 cylinders I had fell apart on me (castings). Same with the intake. 2 of the pipes literally fell off during riding. I’m so ready for another route.

What were your reports on the huesheng? 2/3 cylinders I had fell apart on me (castings). Same with the intake. 2 of the pipes literally fell off during riding. I’m so ready for another route.

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but lot of guys running them motors, lack of bracing, to much vibration. lack of hanger on exhaust? Definitely need to shorten chain................Curt

The 50cc 4c will not do more than 30mph so you should be OK with probably cheapest. But you do not need such heavy duty wheels. Also they will rust on the inside over time. If price is a concern go for it. But at that speed and requirement I recommend regular wheels with alloy (not chromed steel) rims and rim brakes. They will be stronger and stop you faster than any small drum even in the wet.

I agree, unless he bounces around like a wild man, good old double walled schwinn would be good enough..........Curt

Back