Is this engine salvageable?

bakaneko

Local time
9:50 AM
Hello. So, I recently had the chain tensioner come loose and it broke a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is pretty much a goner, but I also discovered that I cannot turn the engine with the clutch pulled in or out. No matter how much force I put on the pedals or push it, the engine sprocket will not turn. Prior to the tensioner incident, I did notice that my clutch was becoming more and more lose and I had to tighten it more and more. Any thoughts? I have about ~1000 miles on the engine so I am satisfied if it has lived out its zippy little life... :eek:

Yeh, after I posted that, I realized that I really didnt do enough investigation. I only took off the piston head. I will tear it apart tomorrow, but I figured maybe some folks have encountered this and have insights for me before I go deeper into the rabbits hole. :eek:

did you check to see if drive sprocket was stuck?

5000miles would be better

Yeh, the chain was stuck in the drive sprocket. Thanks for the help crassius. It is fixed now! But, I am riding on a rear wheel with one spoke missing and that is slightly lumpy (I bought the foam never-flat tire). o_O

Back