Is your motorbike your main source of transportation?

I often share these videos especially with new riders. Learning good cycling skills will make you a better MB'er. Be sure to watch all 3 parts. Be aware, from a distance you look like a pedal only bicycle. If the windows are up and a radio is on a closed compartment vehicle may not hear you either. Often times motor vehicles will pull out in front of you not realizing how fast you're going.

I hate when I see other people riding these without even a bicycle helmet. I use a motorcycle helmet for safety and so people will look twice and realize that i'm not a normal bicycle coming at them when they are turning or pulling out into a lane. Also I had basic motorcycle riding skills before I ever even thought about building one of these

I hate when I see other people riding these without even a bicycle helmet. I use a motorcycle helmet for safety and so people will look twice and realize that i'm not a normal bicycle coming at them when they are turning or pulling out into a lane. Also I had basic motorcycle riding skills before I ever even thought about building one of these
I was on a pedal only cycling forum for many years. The forum recently shut down. I had rode a motorcycle for many years, yet I was very surprised at how much I learned from watching those three videos.

Be aware
Be alert
Be seen
Be predictable

Where I live the cops are lax as hell about motorbikes. I buzz by them every day.

Of course they are lax as hell in general it seems. I know several people that got driving while suspended tickets in there cars and the cops just wrote them the ticket and drove away in the other direction.

Too bad they didn't cut me any slack on my DUI's lol
What State do you live in Pickle?

Alamogordo is so flat that the motor doesn't have to be running to roll easily. Weather is pretty nice too.
Not totally true as to being flat...I live very close to the Fairgrounds and Fairgrounds Road That goes upward to the Space Museum and the Hospital up in the foot hills, in the Northeast end of town as if on the way to La Luz, so im a little higher up in the hilly area than the basin area...I have to ride downwards about a half mile to a mile to get to the truly flat roads such as N. Florida Ave, White Sands Blvd. etc.

But its all good here for exceptional riding conditions, pretty much all year long...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Either way I haven't been able to legally drive a car in over 8 years and I have been riding my motorbikes 20+miles daily for almost 4 years going by multiple cops and they don't even bat and eye.

About 2 years ago my dad got stopped on an 80cc 4 stroke and the cop just was curious about it(my dad told them it was 49cc though)

I'm 35 years old and have had many years riding bikes and driving cars and I can tell you that I get in a lot less trouble on my motorbike than I ever did in a car.

Back