Is Zeda 80 even a real thing?

Whitewill1412

Local time
1:10 AM
I just searched Zelda 80 on eBay. 2 kits showed up at the top. Both titled Zelda 80 firestorm. The first is from the seller bamford 993. It is priced $99.95+29.15 shipping. You can see in the pictures that it has closed transfer ports. So it is clearly not the same engine as the second listing. The second is from the seller bicycle-engines. It is priced 219.99. This one is advertised as having the latest greatest features. Bigger ports, open transfer ports, better studs and bolts etc.... This second one is the exact same kit that I got. Mine wasn't called a Zeda anything. Seems like Zeda 80 is just a generic ass name to me. What you guys think?

I just searched Zelda 80 on eBay. 2 kits showed up at the top. Both titled Zelda 80 firestorm. The first is from the seller bamford 993. It is priced $99.95+29.15 shipping. You can see in the pictures that it has closed transfer ports. So it is clearly not the same engine as the second listing. The second is from the seller bicycle-engines. It is priced 219.99. This one is advertised as having the latest greatest features. Bigger ports, open transfer ports, better studs and bolts etc.... This second one is the exact same kit that I got. Mine wasn't called a Zeda anything. Seems like Zeda 80 is just a generic ass name to me. What you guys think?
...what are you searching for in Zelda? Perhaps I could help?

description-image

Zeda 80 Firestorm is NOT generic whatsoever...(Zeda Technology Co., LTD)...Like many other motors, they are made in China, but they are a cut above the usual, run of the mill, Chinese kits that you would buy on Ebay...That is why the only OFFICIAL Zeda 80 Firestorm motor kits are ONLY available in the USA through, bicycle-engines.com here in the USA in Bozeman, Montana.
BE.com are also an Amazon exclusive partner and sell through them as well...You will not find the REAL Zeda's on Ebay whatsoever because of their contractual obligations to their USA dealer.

They are also the same company that make the ZTMoto Phantom 85 motors as well Zeda Technology Co., LTD.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The one seller on eBay is bicycle-engines.
OK, That could also happen as wel,l if they have an Ebay presence...You need to be careful though since other vendors have tried to foist so-called Zeda 80s from ebay and when they are delivered, people have found out that they are NOT Zeda's...Buyer beware with Ebay.

If so, all ebay links should go back to bicycle-engines.com

The real ebay link gave me this.

One of the many fake links saying they were bicycle-engines.com gave this result only because ebay found it and terminated their false link.

Be aware that with ebay...this is the return policy with Zeda 80 Firestorms with only a 30 day return policy.

Returns shipping
30 daysMoney Back, ReplacementBuyer pays for return shipping

When dealing directly with bicycle-engines.com, or Amazon, you get the 6 month warranty and they pay return shipping if it is needed.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah the first listing on eBay is definitely a fake. How do they get away with using the name?

Is this the maker?

Yeah the first listing on eBay is definitely a fake. How do they get away with using the name?
Is this the maker?
Yes that is the full name of the maker...In the URL below while tracing it's USA customer that is called, BIRDDOG DISTRIBUTING INC. BOZEMAN MT US, That is the shipping and receiving entity of bicycle-engines.com...They deal with other goods as well including lighting supplies etc.

Yeah, there are plenty of cheap motors based on the same Triple 40 design that are knock-offs. Nothing really wrong with them, but they lack many of the changes/improvements of the real Firestorm 80.

IIRC do the real ones now come with ceramic liners too?

Back