Is Zeda 80 even a real thing?

Alibaba isn't even like Amazon. That would be Aliexpress. Alibaba is more of an Amazon for wholesalers, intended to be a warehousing and freight shipper for "bulk" orders. Basically Aliexpress for businesses. You will see a lot of items that sell there have minimum lot orders, often 20-200. That is part of the reason the shipping is so expensive. Each lot takes up a certain amount of space in a container.

Hi Whitewill1412. That's a very good question because it led to some insightful responses. I remember back in 2008 or 2010 someone asked a similar question as yours except about the Grubee 2 stroke bicycle engines. Back then Grubee had the same highly respectable reputation as the Zeda 80, and coincidentally, back then I believe the good people at Bicycle-Engines were one of or the only dealer for Bird Dog Distributing's Grubee engines. @2008 or 2010, the responses about the Grubee engines were similar to the Zeda80 in that some experienced builders stated that less expensive generic engines were just as good as Grubee's, and other knowledgeable builders said there was no comparison, Grubee engines were superior. I don't know how to answer your original question except that Zeda80 engine's higher quality is probably more consistent than engines from Motos, China Raw or the other brands I can't think of now because of wine, being tired and old age.

I don't know how to answer your original question except that Zeda80 engine's higher quality is probably more consistent than engines from Motos, China Raw or the other brands I can't think of now because of wine, being tired and old age.
In the case of the real FIrestorm 80 there are quite a few differences that make it a superior engine beyond the basic quality. The intake and exhaust ports are opened up a decent amount over a standard engine, they have open transfers, a ceramic cylinder liner, and even some of the small parts like the magneto is a slightly better quality than the cheap ones tend to come with. Then you get the warranty coverage from Bicycle-engines which is honestly something that all on its own makes it worth spending the extra bit of money on them for. I have never had to fight them to have a part replaced and they did a good job of turning around and shipping it in short order. It is probably one of the best "80cc" engines out of the box on the market and you can still use the same tweaks and tuning tips to make them even better as you would with the cheaper engines.

Back