It begins- a new company

Sgt. Howard

Local time
2:20 AM
The first six bikes have arrived and the first six motors are due this coming thursday. I expect a 3' chunk of 3.5" diameter rod by tuesday- enough to make 20+ sprocket mounts. Yes I know- we are ASSEMBLING motor bikes not BUILDING them... building them will come later. I am already designing springer forks and working on a bicycle frame based on the 1932 Zundapp single... but that's down the road. This is where it begins, with six bikes. If it goes bust, it goes bust. If it takes off like a striped a** ape, I'm in for the ride. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome to your midst...
OKANOGAN COUNTY MOTORIZED BICYCLES!!! (OCMB). I want to thank Five Flags for my first motor sale, Pirate Cycles for their delightful sprocket mount, King's Motorbike for a superb deal on GRUBEE 48cc with the high performance carb and of course, WAL MART and HUFFY bicycles. I also want to thank my partner, Lou Cesnitas, for having the faith to gamble the $$$ on this shindig. I ALSO want to thank the many members of this boad that have steared me through a multitude of misshaps and confusions. While far from an expert, I can at least spot some of the more common issues with these motors and know the how to rectify them.
As Al Jolson put it-
"You ain't seen nuthin' yet, folks!"
the Old Sgt.
PS- pictures coming soooooon

If you want, I could do motor rebuilds for you on an as-needed basis. I have all the resources, and can make a 30 year old chainsaw motor look and work like new is a matter of hours.

motor rebuilds

Where are you located? I am in Okanogan county Washington state- two miles south of the Canadian border. Shipping might turn into an issue, especially as these motors are cheaper to replace than rebuild once you figure in labor... of course, should the EPA BAN the importation of these mills, you might have the one solution...
the Old Sgt.

For THAT matter...

... it dawns on me that as primitive as these mills are, casting the componants and assembly thereof ... hmmm... wow... returning production to the land that used to LEAD THE WORLD in production... I know metalurgy and milling, have some background in non-ferrouse casting... yea, it CAN be done and will be looked into. An AMERICAN producer of two-stroke bike mills might be just the kick in the a$$ that the hobby/buisness/economy/fetish needs...
the old Sgt.

Where are you located? I am in Okanogan county Washington state- two miles south of the Canadian border. Shipping might turn into an issue, especially as these motors are cheaper to replace than rebuild once you figure in labor... of course, should the EPA BAN the importation of these mills, you might have the one solution...
the Old Sgt.
I'm in Grand Rapids, MI- the place that just had the shooting rampage.

Perhaps they could fit in large flat-rate boxes if disassembled, maybe even medium. If that's the case, shipping will be $10-15 each way.

Edit- if you do cast the components, I would be more than happy to assemble all the engines. I could take half of the motors produced and handle shipping of the kits to all the eastern half of the US, as it would save us on shipping of full kits if I received in bulk and repackaged as full kits.

Last edited:
you mention that you are expecting to get a 3 foot chunk of 3.5 inch diameter rod to make 20+ sprocket mounts. then you thank pirate cycles for their sprocket mount.
i hope you're not planning on copying their design.

I think it was Bachman Turner Overdrive that said "you aint seen nothin' yet."

good luck on your adventure, and i wish you the best of luck.
I hope it takes off and becaimes a sucess.

Back