It finally works

My sprocket is smaller than his and my whole system is stock. He has an exhaust. I have an HP head tho, I forgot about that.

Running a 36 tooth on a BBR kit with a head. I bought this engine used with the head, so I don't know how it performs with a regular head. But I've had other bikes with stock set-ups that hit 30 on a 36 tooth.

Off thread topic --- I am still converting a 1-piece jug kit that I built with a 56 tooth sprocket to a 36 tooth. That thing would pull you off your seat up to 20 then steady climb to 25. That powertrain will be pure $107 eBay stock. I am excited to see the results. I think it might be a little hidden eBay gem.

My sprocket is smaller than his and my whole system is stock. He has an exhaust. I have an HP head tho, I forgot about that.
I agree with you too, everyone of these engines I personally have played with respond different to a gear change, two of the same make engines & 1 likes a 40 tooth & the other likes a 44 tooth. I think it all depends on factory port timing on how well they respond to a gear change. Just little things makes a big difference in running performance.

Off thread topic --- I am still converting a 1-piece jug kit that I built with a 56 tooth sprocket to a 36 tooth. That thing would pull you off your seat up to 20 then steady climb to 25. That powertrain will be pure $107 eBay stock. I am excited to see the results. I think it might be a little hidden eBay gem.
My 49mm steel sleeve engine wants to rake you off my seat from about 15-30mph it's a rocketship!! Then it pulls still fairly hard to 40mph with my 44 tooth rear. Lmao I've been thinking of going to a 50tooth & trying that.🤣😂

After alot of time, money, and posting on this forum, my bike runs good now! The real problem was my porting. I got a new cdh power cylinder, and now it's good. But now I'm back to square 1. I want more speed and power. It only goes like 20mph at the momment. I'm going to put a high compression head after I break it in a little more. I have a 38t sprocket, an nt carb with an hp carb air filter, a small mz65 clone with a muffler, an ngk plug and that's it. What are the best upgrades I can do? I should know this but I want some advice on what I can get the most power from.
Sounds like a good running set up. Before you do anything drastic, get a squirt bottle with some water in it and mist down the carb area while it's running, see if you have an air leak.

After alot of time, money, and posting on this forum, my bike runs good now! The real problem was my porting. I got a new cdh power cylinder, and now it's good. But now I'm back to square 1. I want more speed and power. It only goes like 20mph at the momment. I'm going to put a high compression head after I break it in a little more. I have a 38t sprocket, an nt carb with an hp carb air filter, a small mz65 clone with a muffler, an ngk plug and that's it. What are the best upgrades I can do? I should know this but I want some advice on what I can get the most power from.
I think like chainlube said get bike warmed up & have it idling & spray around carb & intake for air leaks, or around any gasket surfaces with carb cleaner or ether. Listen for a rpm change, if you have a rpm change you have a air leak at that point. You can even use wd40 but its messy. If no air leaks then you can proceed to performance upgrades.

When it's warmed up and the clutch lever is pulled in and locked into position, can you rev it up high?

Wrong, unless he weighs 300 pounds, I run the same sprocket on one of my bikes, with a out of the box 69cc it would do 30. I weigh 220.
The grubee Skyhawk I ran around on with the kit 44t did 39 out of the box... It would vibrate everything loose was the only problem... I'm 230#... I rode it quite a bit and eventually put a kx85 pipe on it and it didn't go any faster but sounded better and might have had a little more pickup...

Back