It finally works

To get really serious... Swap out to the 3/8" flange and work the holes to fit.. Toyota is 48mm from hole to hole

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-204708.png
    Screenshot_20220228-204708.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 103
Why get the whole kit instead of just the gasket?
Because the thick flange will absorb more heat and not distort which is 1/2 the reason the gaskets fail... More meat to port match...

Because the thick flange will exsorb more heat and not distort which is 1/2 the reason the gaskets fail... More meat to port match...
My flange is pretty thick and I only paid $3.95 for it on Amazon. I am just asking you why pay $10 more for all those extra parts when all you are gonna use is the gasket?

Dorman 47021 Gasket For Oxygen Sensor Compatible with Select Toyota Models.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'll use all the parts LoL..
You really won't need the flange...The gasket is a mix of both metal frame and gasket material that conforms quite well even if the surface might be a little uneven...Heat distortion doesn't even come into play with the Zeda's because of the ceramic lining in the cylinder...I have used the same gasket even in my old Seeutec that i put 6000 miles on and the gasket never leaked, always worked flawlessly just the way it is.

I'll use all the parts LoL..
Apologies for my snarkyness. I didn't see that other piece today. My phone isn't helpful to my eyes and I thought it was a gasket with two studs. I can see how that flange would help you get more even pressure on the gasket. I already have to tighten one of my exhaust bolts with pliers cuz I can't get a hex in there. I know, I know. I need to get some studs in there.

I need to get some studs in there.
I changed all four of my studs out to using bolts after that one stud snapped on me...Zero problems with them now, they don't loosen up either since i use lockwashers and blue locktite on them as well...My exhaust and intake were already with bolts but also made sure to secure them in the same way, they never loosen up on me so no need to tighten them.

I changed all four of my studs out to using bolts after that one stud snapped on me...Zero problems with them now, they don't loosen up either since i use lockwashers and blue locktite on them as well...My exhaust and intake were already with bolts but also made sure to secure them in the same way, they never loosen up on me so no need to tighten them.
I got hex bolts in my exhaust. I can't get to one so good thing it has a round head and I have my 23 year companion 6" Craftsman Robogrips. I've been through a lot with those pliers. I posted a picture of them on FB and my aunt scolded me for how beat up they were. Said she's had appliances for longer that look better. I told her if I only used them once they'd look good too!!! ;)

I also pulled out my old issued Army Gortex jacket I've had for 25 years for the ride to work yesterday morning. I wore that to make sure if I got hit they would scream, "WHAT'D WE HIT!"

I rarely wear that. It still looks new. Two years ago, I had it draped over my office chair and I ran the zipper over and broke it. If any of you know a way to get a zipper repaired on an Army Gortex that'd be a nice line to drop.

Back