It finally works

I got hex bolts in my exhaust. I can't get to one so good thing it has a round head and I have my 23 year companion 6" Craftsman Robogrips. I've been through a lot with those pliers. I posted a picture of them on FB and my aunt scolded me for how beat up they were. Said she's had appliances for longer that look better. I told her if I only used them once they'd look good too!!! ;)

I also pulled out my old issued Army Gortex jacket I've had for 25 years for the ride to work yesterday morning. I wore that to make sure if I got hit they would scream, "WHAT'D WE HIT!"

I rarely wear that. It still looks new. Two years ago, I had it draped over my office chair and I ran the zipper over and broke it. If any of you know a way to get a zipper repaired on an Army Gortex that'd be a nice line to drop.
Is just the zipper pull broke? If soo it's a easy fix

If the zipper teeth are ok & you just broke the zipper pull it's a easy fix, just have to figure out what zipper series it is & buy new pull & some crimp on zipper stops.
That is the exact information I was looking for. I never would have thought there is a standard for zippers. Now I can prolly YouTube my way to happy memories.

Yeah just the pull. I ran it over with my little wheel.

That is the exact information I was looking for. I never would have thought there is a standard for zippers. Now I can prolly YouTube my way to happy memories.

Yeah just the pull. I ran it over with my little wheel.
If you saved the old zipper pull, look on the back of it, there should be 1small number on it with a letter under that, then usually marked YKK under that. The little # & letter is your zipper size & series. Then just buy a new zipper pull & the correct crimp on zipper stops. If you need any more info PM me & can walk you thru replacement.

Dude if I went on base I'd get lost and wind up in Leavenworth.
I used to go to Quantico VA and for $50 you could rent a m60 and ammo go out to the range if it wasn't being used...

Back