It Lives! Kustom Kruiser Roadster, My First Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yaaa - that's a nice looking MB

I think that you may wish to move the Calif plate up on the list

the poolice love to stare at mine -- just a little

then they drive off

allways a good thing -- Mountainman

yes, got the plate, so now I'm pretty much legal. I'm working on a custom gas tank (not much time lately), and will post more pics when I'm done. I do have the pedal chain routed under the engine now. I used the chain tensioner wheel that came with the kit, bent the bracket 90 degrees, and bolted it to the front engine mount. Works like a champ. I glassed the inside of the fenders and chain guard, and mounted them back on. The rear fender needed to be trimmed on both sides to clear the chains. Could still use some heavy duty fender struts, especially on the rear. I'll probably make them if I can't find any.

kustom kruiser

I would be interested in seeing what you come up with for a gas tank I am going to need a 5 gallon for my jet bike project
Royz

gas tank

the tank i'm working on is two cylinders, which will be strapped to the frame with leather belts for an old-time motorcycle look. my initial thought was to use pvc and paint it silver, and although i found conflicting opinions on whether gas would eat it away, the most reliable source indicated that the pvc itself can withstand gasoline, but the cement might dissolve. my plan was to use liquid gas tank liner to prevent that problem. however, when i went to home depot, they didn't have pvc in the 4" diameter i wanted, so i went with abs, which will definitely dissolve in the presence of gasoline. my new plan is to use fiberglass resin to coat the inside first, and then after it is cured, use liquid gas tank liner to add a second barrier to the gasoline. it may well fail, but i'm going to give it a shot anyway. i'll post pics of everything when i'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back