It was Just a GOOD Day

D

dbigkahunna

In my travels I have gotten a Specalized Cross Country 700 bike from a pawn shop for cheap. I got a new Formula Friction Kit and a Tanaka 40cc to hook up. The Formula is destined for my Cannondale so I needed to move the Dimension Edge to the Cross Country. A couple of hours later the Specalized is now sporting the DE with some redneck modifications. It is hot for early October even out here. But burning three tanks of fuel gets me into late evening with the sun going down. Reds, orange, light to deep blue with thunderheads flaming orange and reds in the east. Heading into the draws on the way to the house, the wind has laid and as you head into the lower draws there is a nice cool temperature change and you head out to the warm on the top of the draw. Lots of mourning dove moving through heading to winter in Mexico and quail everywhere. I head to the house and the evening coolness is settling. A great day and wonderful evening ride.

Internet was down yesterday evening and while the sunset was not as awsome, the evening was still great. This is the Giant Side of Texas

Attachments

• 8-oct 4.JPG
    8-oct 4.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 332
  • 8-oct-3.JPG
    8-oct-3.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 8-oct 1.JPG
    8-oct 1.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 319
  • 8-oct 2.JPG
    8-oct 2.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 8-oct 5.JPG
    8-oct 5.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 8-oct 6.JPG
    8-oct 6.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 276
amazing though i wouldnt recommend taking pics and riding at the same time you could hit an armadillo

hey! there's oil, right there! i see it! so what's all the fighting about then? ;)

great "real" pics, dbigkahunna...thank you :cool:

Yesterday was one of those late fall days you dram of. I took off on a 3 hour ride. Temp is in the low 70's. Sun shining. Light 25 MPH breeze out of the south. The mares tails have been blowing by all morning and there is a storm coming. As I turn north off the FM road on to the paved county road I look toward the west and see the clouds where the rain will be coming. Off to the right I can see a bank of dark blue where the cold front is backing in toward the west end of the Llano Estacado. By dark the storms will be here. I turn off one county road on to another heading east. The wind has stopped and I can see the bank starting to grow. 1-2 more hours and it will be here. Back toward the west the cumulus clouds are starting to obscure the sun. The sky is red. blue, black and turquoise edges on some of the clouds. Georgous!
The temp has dropped 10 degrees in just a few minutes. I pour on the throttle heading east. racing at a blistering 20 MPH it takes a while to cover the 8 miles I am from the house. And gotta stop and add fuel. The temp is dropping but the wind has held off. As I hit the FM road at the end of the county road the wind hits from the east. Still about 2 miles from the house and the wind hits. Peddling like a fool to get to the house. Turn off the FM road onto my drive. 1/2 mile to the house. Brudder it is COLD! Tee shirt and shorts in December in West Texas.
WHEEEEEE.
Get to the house, shut down, throw the bike in the Airstream and run in to the house to get warm and change clothes.
It may be a week or so before the weather turns good again. But it was a great Saturday afternoon ride.

Back