Italian Morini engines

T-BONE

Local time
1:52 PM
Where can I buy one of those 50cc morini engines? I have been having trouble locating one? Is it worth getting one of those over a chinese motor?

here is a pic for reference

mojavedessert018tk7.jpg

Italian over a China cheap plastic motor is a no brainer. I have an Italian made motor, and i took the 70cc cyclinder from a chinese engine and weighed it compared to an Italian made 50cc cylinder, It was 2lbs heavier. It explained to me why these cheap chinese engines don't last at all.

First thing I noticed on these engines is they are read valve. 50cc one of these will **** all over the old basic 2stroke, and one glance says much better quality. That said there is no way you will get them at a price near the Chinese kits; I'm also assuming the price is for engine only yeah?

First thing I noticed on these engines is they are read valve. 50cc one of these will **** all over the old basic 2stroke, and one glance says much better quality. That said there is no way you will get them at a price near the Chinese kits; I'm also assuming the price is for engine only yeah?

A basic Jug/cylinder for my Italian engine cost as much as a whole chinese engine kit.

that's what I like when --- I RIDE THAT THING

A basic Jug/cylinder for my Italian engine cost as much as a whole chinese engine kit.

yes - a partial rebuild such as Italian parts listed above

would cost close to what a Chinese engine does

I would bet though that it would at least last two to three times longer

and if we may say -- close to trouble free miles

that's what I like when --- I RIDE THAT THING

Last edited:
Wow I didnt realize they were so expensive. I dont have that kind of money. Thanks any way

I'd love to get that that 9.4 HP Morini hooked up to a Shifter Kit on a full suspension bike!....I do have 2 of the 3 at least....Maybe Santa will be good to9 me this year? ;-O

That is a good question rustguard....if all they give you is in the pics (the basic engine), there is still a fair amount of stuff needed....

Andrew

Back