Italian motorcycle motors are WAY better!

Wrench66

Sir Bean......yes yes... Pardon my oversight... many photos are being primed for the forum as we speak!
I will rectify the situation upon my return from a lengthy vacation...
Hahahaha... outstanding, sir!

I bow to you in gratitude.

Some pics of my Chinese two-stroke install into a cruiser are coming to the Gallery soon too; I have been remiss as well, my good man.

:)~

Very interesting but I wonder just how well bicycle components will stand up to that much power? Moped and motorcycle frames, axles, wheels and brakes are much more robust than bicycles. Fun to think about though.

If you limit yourself to standard bicycle frames and components, you might find yourself... limited.

Three things to keep in mind when starting to exceed 40 MPH on a bicycle. Tires, bearings and brakes. The tires need to be able to hold up to high speed, the bearings need to be able to withstand the increased heat and the brakes need you haul you backside down if you happen on one of the new and improved idiots that seem to be everywhere!
Being a skoosh older, my dream bike will haul me and about 75 pounds of gear all day at 25 MPH getting 150 MPG. And a engine life of oh say 10,000 hours. Once one gets to a certain age, recovering from falling off moving equipment looses some of its luster.:???:

I like the small details on the engine like the fin stabilizers ( I guess that is what we do when we use rubber to keep the fins from "ringing").....but straight from the factory...nice touch....maybe they can be persuaded to make a mount for their engines so they can be bolted up like a happy Time!....That'd be nice....of course the engines may be a little wide.
Andrew

I have a feeling that these Morini pocket bike engines are right hand drive. Sure would be good if it came off the left side.

I too am an old guy... old enough to remember when "Italian motor" and "reliable" weren't used in the same sentence without an "un" between them. :)

I've been into RC flying for almost 25 years and my experience is that long lasting, and high performance just don't seem to hang out together. Think of NASCAR, They rebuild their engines after each race!

Back