its a beautiful day

vegaspaddy

Local time
8:05 AM
i am about to jump into the world of motorized bicycle transportation,(completely new to this, am more of build a wall, fix a toilet kind of guy, mechanical experience 1.5 on a scale to 10) which purely happened by accident, by the end of the week i will have received my kit from golden eagle and the build shall begin.

this all happened from orginally trying to get help for my wife and her trike.
she rides around on a ez3-ax trike and pulls our two young girls behind in a kiddie trailer, she gets tired pretty quick so i started searching www. trying to find some sort of assist motor to help her out.

Anyhow to cut a long story short, i could have engined her up but the cambered wheels on the back of the trike would mean serious work aligning any drive and the final nail in the coffin, my two little girls would be eating a lot of fumes.... so shes going electric...

If anybodies interested in seeing the end result of that project let me know and i will post some pics (yes i do understand this is a engine site but someone might want to see the rig.)

Anyhow doing all this research i realized since the weather is pretty nice here for at least 9 months of the year just maybe i could start commuting on a bike, and one with an engine attached well that just puts a smile on my face.

having logged many hours surfing i came to the conclusion the ge setup was the best for me, a complete rookie. I love the frame mounts dont get me wrong they look so cool, (i wish i had one of those when i was a kid), but here no way man. I wouldn't get 50 feet in this town without getting pulled over.

As soon as i get my rig built am bringing it straight to the local bobby house to find out there opinion on it, as there are no laws here in Nevada. Although when those pocket bikes were flying of the shelves Xmas 2 years ago it drove the police crazy !!!!

i will try and take lots of pics, and start posting update etc. as soon as i start the build, but in the meantime thank you all for posting some great info in the various forums

pardon the grammar and thank heavens for spell check i was educated in N. Ireland and my english is so bad...... maths was my stronger subject.

Looking forward to posting and reading your replies and helpful tips because believe me, i am going to need them..

vegaspaddy

oops even screwed up my log-in name hows that for starters..

Last edited by a moderator:
we have a whole section waiting for new electric-drive content...dive in...and we better be seeing some GEBE stuff in "rack-mount" too (yer gonna LOVE it) ;)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

EDIT: doh! i see the name you want...fixin' it up now :)

Hey Vegaspaddy,
For the Nevada regs, check the DMV website under Mopeds. They want a head light, turn signals, a tale light and a brake light, all are doable, Ive been riding a frame mount in Vegas for 9 months now and haven't had any problems. I have everything but the brake light. Oh and they want it under 50 cc's, with a rack mount that wont be a problem.
Welcome and have fun

Welcome - And YES! Post those pictures as often as possible. Electrics - I have three and now two gas... It's all fun and games. We kids................ -EZ

Back