its a boat ?!

bike4life

Local time
7:26 PM

On the weekend ill test this out at ideal beach. its more like a bay around 4 miles from my house... So no waves really, so good place to test it out....
It should be cool, cause you can see the NYC skyline from the beach, and theoretically, one time someone swam the 5 miles from there to nyc, which is wild...

I have one of those inflatable explorer rafts..... of course, bought a 10 dollar life jacket from amazon....

How I built this? Time req = 1 day;

simply bend the curve shaft, the other way. With weedwackers, the curvature is faced downwards cause its weeds, but you need that upwards, so simply bend the existing angle of the weedtrimmer pipe up...

Then, I tried to remove the catlyic converter from the muffler. the muffler /exhaust is made from 2 steel boxes that are pressed together while the converter is inside. There was no way to remove it from the muffler completely, I simply nocked it out of its location and drilled holes in it for air flow. I could weld on a straight pipe, but i am lazy....

To attach the prop to the shaft, remove the existing weed head so you are left with the shaft.

this is someone elses wacker, because i didnt take a picture of mine and now its too late...

Now that shaft is too short for a propeller, so I took a bolt and welded it on there and did my best to keep it true / centered..... What was handy was that the weedeater came with a big nut and i threaded half of it on the shaft and the other half on the bolt, so it was already centered and aligned

Then simply drill a hole in the propeller from top to bottom, put it on, and add some nuts to the bolt extension and locktite it and should be good to go!!!!!

I tested it today in a bucket of water, worked, so lets try it for real.

Last edited:
It will work, maybe a little underpowered for some small boats, but duck hunters have been using mud motors for quite awhile.

You're going to need a much smaller prop. I had a Tanaka 1.2 hp 2 stroke outboard that had a much smaller prop even with the gear reduction in the bottom end.

That contraption is gonna be a b**ch to hold.
Water has a way of making good ideas on land horrible in the water.
I love your creative energy I hope it works well

Back