its alive! im motorized!

well ive finally gone & done it! me & the dogs & augidog got the old higgins motorized today! it was a grand time of tinkering fidgitry & it slowly came to life! what a flash to my past & the many hours spent with such projects, its odd i used to cuss a lot & throw things but now i find my self slowing down as to catch the finer points ect. & is really a theraputic zen thing!! heres a few evolution shots of the project. mind you this is a temporary set up just to get her rolling! i have many mods & goodies planned for this bike! peewee herman eat your heart out!

Attachments

• IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 1,142
  • IMG_1531.JPG
    IMG_1531.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 705
Wooly Bully

Last night, driving home from work I heard this song ana a picture of you in your Viking helmet racing around on a motoredbike flashed before my eyes.:LOL:

Uno, dos, one, two, tres, quatro
Matty told Hatty about a thing she saw.
Had two big horns and a wooly jaw.
Wooly bully, wooly bully.

Hey wavy did you ever find a solution for the headlight on the Higgins? I think I have an idea.

Maybe I should change my handle to "Resurrector" for bringing back old threads. I'm trying to quit though, honest.

Ted

I remember that bike

Looks fantastic! Remember seing that bike during the time I was building my Whizzer last spring. It turned out wonderful!!! Glad your slowing down to enjoy life, its not easy to change emotional gears. Great job.:)

holy cow i forgot about this therad! the guys were just comenting how my motorcycles are shoved in the corner lately & my motoredbikes take center floor in the garage now! its truly an addiction!

Lol I know what you mean Wavey. Now that the weather is turning crappy I've got the Whizzer tore apart dealing it and fixing a few minor issues. Also working on my 39 Elgin 37 shelby 38 Shelby 36 Schwinn and waiting for my 1941 Colson in the mail. and on the hunt for a colorflow like you'rs to put a header tank I just bought off Ebay in. Yea I think it's a addiction.......lol

That is one of the classiest vintage bikes I've seen in a long time. I'd love a bike as good as that one. Did you tell us the make & model somewhere else on the thread cos I've looked on the first & last page and can't see any description. Great project man!

Hey Wavey. I just bought a twin to you're higgins. except mine is black and red where you're is the two shades of green. also picked up a super rare header tank for it. I'll post pictures of the bike as soon as I get it in the mail and put together.

Attachments

• IMG_3301.jpg
    IMG_3301.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 176
oh you dog! im so jealous, youll have to tell the story of how ya found the higgins stuff!

Back