It's Alive!!!

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
9:23 PM
I've been fighting with my engine kit for a month now and boy have I learned a lot! I finally got it going tonight!

The first problem was the clutch. Out of the box the clutch was oily. After two weeks of troubleshooting and great info here and other places on the net, a can of brake cleaner solved that problem. I got it running for a night but it idled crazy high. I tried adjusting the idle and as a result it didn't start back up.

Another week of troubleshooting and I gave up and ordered a new carburetor. The new carb came in, I installed it and it still wouldn't start... after a week of troubleshooting and I find out I have no spark! The boot that plugs onto the spark plug lost continuity somehow.

I ordered a new wire and boot and installed it, bike runs again! Still idled crazy high though... I adjusted the screw on the carb with zero effect so I got online and read some more. I learned that by adjusting the cable connector on the throttle I also adjust the idle. In lowers idle and out raises the idle. Now I have it set to idle just above the point it wants to die.

Man thank you all so much for your help, even the help you gave 2 years ago in this forum before I knew what a motorized bicycle was! Now I can park my car and ride my bike to work and enjoy the hot southwestern desert weather!

so cool! love that feeling when you fight a problem and finally solve an issue. part of you is IN that bike now, and it becomes part of You,,
send hot weather east! we wanna ride too!

Thanks man. Ill start blowing toward the rising sun tomorrow. Let me know when the good weather gets there!

Back