It's best to CALL station-inc.

tinman

Local time
10:19 AM
If you need info on anything they sell it is better to call on the phone, Station-inc does not seem to answer emails. over the last month I have sent numerous emails requesting some info, which Dave told me to do on the phone< and still recieved no reply. I have also seen others make comment of this in other posts.

Staton_inc sells on ebay under motorizedfunproducts and the same is true there. His rating has dropped to 95 on the feedback rating with 2 complaints today on lack of comunication.

I find it hard to believe that I have to beg someone for a simply reply so I can make the decision on which kit I need. Being that what I am ordering is over $700 I don't think thats to much to ask.

I guess I will go with the cheaper kit he offers since I have the info I need on that one. I'll call my order in since he does answer the phone. Or Hmmmmmm.......Maybee I'll just buy a different style kit from a dealer who wants to make a sale.

If you buy from another, that will be good as it will leave more Staton kits for me to buy. As I only want the best, I don't mind a little inconvenience to get it.

Yes, it is best to call them. I've dealt with David Staton on and off for about 7 years now, and have found a phone call is better when buying anything but simple parts. That being said, they do sell very good stuff. I love their gear reducer.

Staton--Good kit; Poor quality incedental parts; Crappy customer service.
My opinion only.
Oh, and snotty attitude.

If you need info on anything they sell it is better to call on the phone, Station-inc does not seem to answer emails. over the last month I have sent numerous emails requesting some info, which Dave told me to do on the phone< and still recieved no reply. I have also seen others make comment of this in other posts.

Staton_inc sells on ebay under motorizedfunproducts and the same is true there. His rating has dropped to 95 on the feedback rating with 2 complaints today on lack of comunication.

I find it hard to believe that I have to beg someone for a simply reply so I can make the decision on which kit I need. Being that what I am ordering is over $700 I don't think thats to much to ask.

I guess I will go with the cheaper kit he offers since I have the info I need on that one. I'll call my order in since he does answer the phone. Or Hmmmmmm.......Maybee I'll just buy a different style kit from a dealer who wants to make a sale.
I justgot my new staton chain drive kit after waiting 3 weeks. Well worth it. I also have a gebe kit, and although it's pretty good, it is still 2nd to the staton as far as durability and quality. I opened up the gear box and was very much impressed with the quality. I quite understand statons willingness to give it a lifetime warranty! Anyhow, I would be patient with him , allthe dealers are in the same boat, dax is behind, golden eagle is swamped, 6 weeks wait I believe, you can't go wrong with staton. Hang in there!

Soup nazi: No soup for you!

Winter's coming boys and I hope these dealers remember to thank those who tout their product on the way up 'cause we'll see'em on the way down.

I got my kit, it's good and I'll say this for him, it came in 5 days....AFTER I canceled the order because no followup on questions, no returned emails, no one to answer the phone and a misdirection in ebay/website pricing.

Just cancel your order and he'll ship it right out to ya.:rolleyes:

He probably means incidental as in kill switches and throttle levers.....but now I'm reading about friction drive spindles snapping supposedly because they're "over hardened" too.

Yep, That's exactly what I meant. And bearings too. I had one go out after about 300 miles. Squealed like a pig! Maybe due to getting caught in a rain. Maybe not. Others have posted similar...~500 miles. That leaves only the mouting setup as the Staton part of the equation. That part is good and solid.
Seems like a GOOD business person would want to use quality parts and handle their customers better than what I experienced. I guess Ol' Dave is a better builder than a businessman.
Again, my opinions only.
WC

Back