Itty bitty exhaust

DuctTapedGoat

Local time
2:59 AM
Well i knocked the dust off my old rotted out exhaust and fitted it with a slotted 3/4" copper elbow and 3/4" briggs exhaust just to have a backup around.

It sounds all cute and puttputt, absolutely hilarious.

Just wanted to share a pic
DSC_0111.JPG

MAPP gas and 1/16 brazing rods is what i used on my speed demon exhaust modifications.

sorry at work so am HumanPerson, check my media for the modified speed demon exhaust.

If he wasn't going to install it on a running engine it would work fine, otherwise no.
Too much heat + vibration??? I once rigged up a similar set up using copper tubing from Home Depot to offset a carb, didnt have that bike for too long though , someone made an offer I couldn't refuse. I miss it now.... I wonder if that jig held up.

Those two hose clamps are gonna be stressed to the max. I can't imagine that will hold up over time.

Those two hose clamps are gonna be stressed to the max. I can't imagine that will hold up over time.
If they are capable of clamping that copper tightly to the steel tube then they should be fine, I've used them to clamp flex exhaust tubing to plain muffler pipe without incident. I'd be more worried of the copper hardening and then forming cracks.

Too much heat + vibration??? I once rigged up a similar set up using copper tubing from Home Depot to offset a carb, didnt have that bike for too long though , someone made an offer I couldn't refuse. I miss it now.... I wonder if that jig held up.
Yes mainly vibration as the heat should be under jb weld's max temp rating.

I also did a similar trick on my first bike and it went well, it lasted a couple months until I wanted to get a proper upgrade and purchased a standard offset.

450 sustainable I think, but a few inches down the header is going to be pretty low compared to about 5 at the cylinder.
I would think that being so small or short of a run that the exit temp would still be quite high with not much to wick away heat in between.I take temp readings at different lenghts of the exhaust with my hand held sensor and the average at the port is 550 f on a stock engine and ten inches away from the port is still in the high 300's even low 400's and of course that will vari with how restrictive the pipe is.

Back