I've been summoned

Hi KeepOn, Scrollerguy here, I am not sure if this will help, but, if there is a school bus garage around your area, you might try to score some of their cast off used shock rubbers, they are what I use. They can be cut down to size, and they do a great job of dampening any vibration, I use 4 of them on my bike. Good luck with the build.

Scrollerguy

Hmm, shock rubbers off a school bus. Not sure I have access to that exactly but it does give me an idea... either seating rubber from a car coil spring or the bump stop for a car leaf spring would both be pretty sturdy.

A car muffler. That is actually close to one of the ideas I had. Every motocross rider out there is totally convinced that their stock muffler/silencer/expansion pipe is junk and the fancy aftermarket one will give them huge HP gains. Truth is it is usually a slight increase in high end HP at the expense of low end torque. Some guys buy one after market silencer then another when the next great thing comes along. Regardless, my point is there are 2 or 3 used mufflers for every bike out there. Even the stock ones are beautifully made ovalized alumiunm with billet tips, super high performance. My thought is to use the stock muffler that comes with my 49cc motorbike (cause I figure it probably creates the appropriate back pressure, could be wrong though) then attach a much bigger bore pipe and silencer for a much bigger engine, say a 125cc or 250cc. The second silencer should be big enough to not restrict flow but still decrease sound to some degree. Of course I'll wonder if it would be faster without the original muffler and end up experimenting. You 2 stroke guys should look into adapting motocross expansion pipes because, again, there's 2 totally high performance pipes out there for every bike ever made. A car muffler seems like overkill, motocross would be lighter, smaller and really nice looking. I want to start a thread on this idea when I actually start doing it.

Thanks for the tips guys, any and all are welcome.

Back