I've been summoned

K

KeepOnKeepnOn

I have been asked to introduce myself after starting "multispeed solution?" in the wild area.
Anyway, I have zero experience with motored bikes but I have always done all my own car, motorcycle, bike, skateboard, etc work. Skilled in the trades carpentry, plumbing, dry wall, electrical, welding etc I can do it all. Basically all around handy and am pretty well tooled up at this point.
I've been eyeing bike motors on ebay for a couple years thinking about a project. Thought my bike would be mighty styley and unique until I started checking out the rides on this web site. Anyway I've decided to build.
I've been riding a street legalized KTM 250 2 stroke which has influenced my decisions on motored bikes. Even though it's street legal, it is so **** loud I am always worried about getting pulled over and I know I **** people off. One of my main priorities on my motored bike will be to make it as quiet as possible. I have lots of ideas which I will share as I actually start to build. I will be starting with a pull start, 4 stroke, 49cc, centrifical clutch, frame mount, fake Honda from China. This will be mated to a cruiser that's already kind of trick with ape hangers and a banana seat with sissy bar. I'll be putting the motor kit on totally stock just to get started (except some kind of rubber dampening motor mount) and assess the weak/loud points, then begin the mods.
One of my dreams for this bike is riding it on the beach to secluded surf spots where there is nobody else around and riding deep into the back country for some trout fishing. This partially exlplains my passion for making it silent, I don't think its legal to bring a motor on the beach. But mainly just to cruise around and not worry about parking and save some gas (prices are getting rediculous).
Looking forward to hearing about some good 4 stroke mods and stealth features.
Thanks for reading. I'm digging some of the bikes I see.

that's what we wanted to know...dude, you are so in the right place...definitely, do us a righteous thread on your build, it seems you caught the eye of a coupla guys already :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

KeepOnKeepnOn

Thought my bike would be mighty styley and unique until I started checking out the rides on this web site.
LOL. There are some very nice machines that float through the banner, eh? Every few bikes I get blown away... Hahaha...

I will be starting with a pull start, 4 stroke, 49cc, centrifical clutch, frame mount, fake Honda from China. This will be mated to a cruiser that's already kind of trick with ape hangers and a banana seat with sissy bar.

I'll be putting the motor kit on totally stock just to get started (except some kind of rubber dampening motor mount) and assess the weak/loud points, then begin the mods.
You're smart to consider the rubber damping... I may hog out my custom-made Happy Time Two Stroke aluminum clamp mounts to accomodate some rubber... we'll see. I'm finishing my first motored bike build and haven't yet ridden it. Heh.

Welcome to MBc. Where're you from?

:)~

I'm in Santa Barbara California.

I forgot a couple of other KTM's influences that made me go 4 stroke. I live in fear of fouling a plug in the middle of nowhere. I carry tools and all but I have to take off the tank, shrouds and seat to get at the plug, not sure I could even do it in the dark. Also I hate not being able to just pull into the gas station and fill up, don't like the smell of gas/mixing it/getting it everywhere, worrying about running low away from home, buying 2 stroke oil.

welcome to MBc. There are many great inspirations here, It sounds like you will be one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI KeepOn....I like what you said about your interest in making a motorized bike super quiet so maybe you can be the first to use a car muffler on one?....I've always thought it may work but have been sooo busy lately (and now it gets dark fast so hard to work outside....no garage (I'll have to build one eventually)...
Andrew

Back