I've got a MB question???????????

geebt48cc

Local time
10:16 AM
Ok,

Is there anyone that has really seen any betterment with using synthetic oils. Sure, a thin ratio I'm sure wouldn't help, but a 25:1 ratio would be sufficient. The reason I'm asking is because the quality of these engines isn't the best to begin with. Just trying to figure out if using any kind of synthetic or dead dinosaur really matters on these little china creations?????????????

What you think? PS- I always use 1/3 of my mix Castor

I don't think synthetic oil gives any more protection, just less smoke which is why I use synthetic at 30:1 ratio.

I have a cheap China motor so I don't use synthetic oil. If I rode a really nice motor like a Honda, Subaru, Morini, etc, I would use synthetic oil.

Understand, understand, but couldn't synthetic oil help all of the hardware last maybe a few more miles longer?

At the same ratios synthetic oil is more protective. But the idea is to take advantage of that extra protection by thinning the amount of oil down till the protection is the same.

Yes, that's my point. If at the same ratios synthetic oil is more protective, then wouldn't it be the smartest to use in these cheap china engines? Sure it would help bearing life, but just overall anatomy?

Therefore, being able to get a few more miles, compared to original blends! Heck, looks like that would be the only way to go considering HT's track record?

yeah, good point. I've been trying to sidestep the problem of cylinder chrome flaking off by using a motorcycle piston with thinner rings with less outward pressure. I've found a good substitute piston for the 48cc but not the 69cc. It only costs $30. Since synthetic oil is expensive I think that is a better solution. I will keep looking for a piston for the 69cc engine.

Please do Jag, because I've done just about everything to keep jug from getting battle scares. Motor has very strong compression, with a good burn, but it seems that every time I pull head off it's like the jug has cancer? Uno, I can locate a new chip???????????????

Next time I have jug off, I'll show you what I'm talking about.

one piston ring

since some race pistons only have one ring I tried that with my std piston in my 60cc race engine. I removed the bottom ring and couldn't notice any power loss and so I think it may help deter rapid plating loss from the cylinder. I'd like others to try it and see what they think.

Uno, bottom line is I wish there was just a HT jug that just had a steel liner. Appears thatt would be easier to begin with?!

Back