Jackshaft build

Toby woodman

Local time
4:53 AM
I'm looking to build a jackshaft assembly. I have found pillow block bearings and a shaft that fits them, along with the sprockets that fit them. I've just got a question about how the shaft stays attached to the pillow block bearings. is it just the grubscrews on the inner bearing race that clamp the bar in place and stop it from sliding sideways out of the bearings?

I'm looking to build a jackshaft assembly. I have found pillow block bearings and a shaft that fits them, along with the sprockets that fit them. I've just got a question about how the shaft stays attached to the pillow block bearings. is it just the grubscrews on the inner bearing race that clamp the bar in place and stop it from sliding sideways out of the bearings?
Yeah. There are collars too but those secure in the same way.

I installed a cvt transmission/ torque converter and was able to build the jackshaft into the torque converter. 6.5 hp torque converters are totally fine for smaller engines. Idk if that would work for your situation but could be good to look in to
20230515_172239.jpg

I installed a cvt transmission/ torque converter and was able to build the jackshaft into the torque converter. 6.5 hp torque converters are totally fine for smaller engines. Idk if that would work for your situation but could be good to look in toView attachment 192081
Even though I see how you run your trans, a little wider pic or a couple of views, will give everybody a better idea of what you have done there.

okay, thanks. that torque converter and jackshaft setup looks good, sadly have already ordered the clutch and since I'm gearing it so low, I don't think ill need a torque converter

Back