Jackshaft Jackshaft Questions

justin

Local time
3:44 AM
I did a search, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. If it's out there, please post a link so I can find it.

I am very new to this. Starting on my first bike in 4 days. I keep seeing references to jackshafts. I think I get the concept... I think. Basically what I want to do is run power from the drive shaft of a frame mounted engine (left side of bike) over to the right side to connect up with the gear set on the main hub, with the end result being that I can use the existing drive chain/tensioner/gears. I'm getting a vague idea of how to do this, but I need more information. How/where should I mount the jackshaft? Some pictures would be helpful. Maybe I'm way way off on this and someone could steer me in the right direction before I get totally lost. Thanks.

I did a search, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. If it's out there, please post a link so I can find it.

I am very new to this. Starting on my first bike in 4 days. I keep seeing references to jackshafts. I think I get the concept... I think. Basically what I want to do is run power from the drive shaft of a frame mounted engine (left side of bike) over to the right side to connect up with the gear set on the main hub, with the end result being that I can use the existing drive chain/tensioner/gears. I'm getting a vague idea of how to do this, but I need more information. How/where should I mount the jackshaft? Some pictures would be helpful. Maybe I'm way way off on this and someone could steer me in the right direction before I get totally lost. Thanks.

Use the advanced search feature and search for threads started by Zomby Builder. I think he is pretty much the Jackshaft go to guy around here. If you are using a Happy Time 2-stroke you might want to search for a thread called Eliminating the Driven Sprocket by GhostO

ocscully

Back