Jackshaft jackshaft sprocket size????????

im try to put a jackshaft on my bike and the problem im having is with the 9t sprocket they gave me with this order.
http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-MINI-B...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

the 9t sprocket teeth seem to be a little fat and won't fit into the chain slots. l don't know if l can grind them thinner and it will work? thats why l was asking if there is one that l don't have to grind. thanks for the info papsaun

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
LMAO,,,, wont fit into which chain? Look at the link I sent and determine which chain you have and then you will know if just grinding width is gonna work.
I think the chain on a HT is 415?
Papa

can anyone tell me where to find a 10 tooth drive sprocket with a 5/8" bore that will fit a 415 chain
azvinnie and i are trying to get a generator system working, but can't find a sprocket to fit our chain
I thought a sprocket for 35 chain (single speed) would fit, but some guy told vinnie it was wrong pitch
we have a 40/41 sprocket, but the teeth are way to thick, should we just grind it down
it will have very minimal torque on it, so if we lose temper, it shouldn't be a prob

Yes you can just grind. According to that chart on that link,,,, the pitch is 1/2" for 415 and 40/41 chain. The difference is width is all.
Or check with Staton for a gear.
Papa

Scroll down to the bottom of that link to see the chart.

You can grind the 40/41 sprocket to fit the 415 chain or use a 41 chain.louis

thanks guys
called dave at staton, gonna go with a 9tooth from him
this is gonna transfer over to a vacuum cleaner belt running off the 5/8 shaft to turn the gen at twice the speed (hopefully giving the 14v output we need)

Pictures of the generator mod would be nice. Sounds very interesting. I wonder what generator you are considering to use?

Back