jaguar cdi setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatgm1

Local time
6:38 AM
i just ordered a jaguar cdi, it should be here somewhat soon, anyone else that has experience with the jaguar cdi, can you explain how you adjusted it and your experiences?

i just ordered a jaguar cdi, it should be here somewhat soon, anyone else that has experience with the jaguar cdi, can you explain how you adjusted it and your experiences?
Yeah i just bought it and its a joke... litrally read the fine print lol the installation page

Attachments

• 20160908_233308.jpg
    20160908_233308.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 307
so because you need to splice or add a wire its a joke..

this is the issue with people today. no critical thinking skills. "wire wont fit, must not work." if you want something idiot proof get the stock cdi. plus, it specificly says you need to bolt one of the connectors on, if the coil has no way to bolt it then u need to splice a terminal connector where the "big circle looking connector" is. im sure you'll understand that. and a terminal connector is the "squareish looking connector". go to radio shack and get a female connector to add to it.

Yeah i just bought it and its a joke... litrally read the fine print lol the installation page
so because you're using a different coil than it's designed for, it's broken and doesn't work?

get a spade connector, they're about 7 cents a piece

right? i ask for advice from members about the fine points of the jaguar cdi and get some half-a-tard complaining because he has to pick up a pair of pliers and pay an extra 2 dollars. not everything in life is plug and play, these are the kind of people that should just get a motoped. literally the only adjustable gas bike cdi and it sucks because he has to add a connector.

Jatgm1, just leave the left switch as is and play with different positions of the right switch till you get the best top speed.
There's nothing more to it than that. very simple.

I purchased a Jaguar CDI unit about three years ago. I was running it on a stock 66cc motor. Before installing it, I spent time jetting the carb and got it running pretty good. Plug was brownish and I was getting an honest 30-35 mph out of the stock bike. After a few weeks of riding it stock and getting a good feel for the performance I installed the new CDI system. I left the old system bolted to the frame for quick comparison. I even ran wires to the inside of the J-CDI box so I could change the bridges quickly. I then ran a series of top end (max speed) comparisons and a series of 0-25mph comparisons. It is very possible that my testing methods were not precise enough but I was unable to tell if there was any difference. I did find one bridge combination that was noticably worse but I could not feel a noticeable difference on the other ones. Is it possible the J-CDI works better with a modded engine or maybe an engine with a pipe? I want to add, that now I have a second bike built that is a twin to the first one and I want to revisit the J-CDI and do a bike to bike comparison. I hope that someone will take the time to share their experience with the J-CDI and the set-ups that they are using it on. I am not saying this product does not give enhanced performance. But rather, using my set-up and testing procedure I was not able to produce a noticeable difference. I am also looking for suggestions on how I might set the bike up differently to benefit from the J-CDI. Regards.

yes the more performance oriented an engine is, the more it responds to timing changes.
the stock engine has a crummy carburetor and a low compression head.
For some engines the biggest difference with the Jaguar CDI is more regularity in combustion and less engine heat. Also the connecting rod bearings last longer.
Also the current Jaguar CDI design is a bit better than it was 3 years ago.

Jaguar, Yes that tends to make sense. After my testing I blew a head gasket and realized there were two gaskets installed from the factory so low compression my have been a contributor. I now have a pipe on both bikes. I chose this one as it looked similar to the design on the dragonfly page, it was low cost and I like the way it looks when tucked under the seat. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-Expans...992549?hash=item35d6cc7e25:g:Pg8AAOxyPFJTlwpo I made my own "transition block" between the cylinder and pipe to take the rectangle exhaust port down to the round pipe.
I also run NT speed carbs. It appears the throat is a little larger in diameter than stock and again they are cheap. Finally, I made my own intake manifolds as I needed to clear the seat post. Very similar to stock but about 6 inches long.
Is there a recommended supplier for the CDI?
Are the other pipes out there far superior?
Which carb do you recommend?
Thanks

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back