Engine Trouble Jap crap

Jap crap

Local time
1:45 AM
Does anybody know why im getting fuel in my clutch.i have too fix it everytime i jump it.also my engine bogs its been doing it since day one.so i got a racing carb.racing exaust racing high compression head.still runs like s**t.loud four stroking on flat ground and down hill it kicks in and runs fine up hill.i was thinking maybe the jets.

Does anybody know why im getting fuel in my clutch.i have too fix it everytime i jump it.also my engine bogs its been doing it since day one.so i got a racing carb.racing exaust racing high compression head.still runs like sh*t.loud four stroking on flat ground and down hill it kicks in and runs fine up hill.i was thinking maybe the jets.
Its seems to be eating alot of gas too.

Clutch side crank seal is probably bad. That should be the only way you would be getting fuel around your clutch. Four stroking usually means the engine is running rich, so you could try jetting down. Before you start tuning the engine or adding more high performance parts you need to fix the issues first. These engines actually run quite well stock if the ports are cleaned up and everything is setup correctly.

Does anybody know why im getting fuel in my clutch.i have too fix it everytime i jump it.also my engine bogs its been doing it since day one.so i got a racing carb.racing exaust racing high compression head.still runs like sh*t.loud four stroking on flat ground and down hill it kicks in and runs fine up hill.i was thinking maybe the jets.
Also its barely broke in.

I've seen the seals put in upside down from factory, and seen them break on nearly new engines, you'll want to replace it. Change the float height and examine the valve that shuts the fuel off when the carb bowl fills.

Last edited:
I'd first look for float bowl overflowing with the drippage landing on top of clutch cover and seeping in

Sounds like you lost one of your crank case rubber seals, there is one on the mag side and one on the clutch side. It might just be displaced and not damaged. Check it and make sure it's on correctly and not damaged. The loss of the seal causes loss of compression and bogging. Make sure you clean your clutch pads of oil so they don't slip. If you need a new seal they sell both seals together but they are cheap

https://www.ebay.com/itm/49cc-66cc-...ash=item1a39487b9c:g:46gAAOSw401aB~Xn&vxp=mtr

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Clutch side crank seal is probably bad. That should be the only way you would be getting fuel around your clutch. Four stroking usually means the engine is running rich, so you could try jetting down. Before you start tuning the engine or adding more high performance parts you need to fix the issues first. These engines actually run quite well stock if the ports are cleaned up and everything is setup correctly.
Thanks i will try the jets and my seal is leaking on the clutch cover.

Sounds like you lost one of your crank case rubber seals, there is one on the mag side and one on the clutch side. It might just be displaced and not damaged. Check it and make sure it's on correctly and not damaged. The loss of the seal causes loss of compression and bogging. Make sure you clean your clutch pads of oil so they don't slip. If you need a new seal they sell both seals together but they are cheap

https://www.ebay.com/itm/49cc-66cc-...ash=item1a39487b9c:g:46gAAOSw401aB~Xn&vxp=mtr
Yes the clutch seal is leaking thanks hopefully that will fix the problem.oh i was talking about the gasket cover.you mean the round rubber seal dont i need the tool to take the gear off to get to that seal.i have to clean the clutch pads every time i start it.i noticed air and fuel seepin out of the cover.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back