Japanese Moped

Hi.
I'm in japan,and making a moped.
Base is beach cruiser from amazon,and it has 2-stroke gasoline engine.
Japanese raw about motorcycle is pretty confusing,but I'm working and studying hard.
Maybe I can ride this in July.
Thank you for reading and sorry to poor English.
IMG_20180704_1901427.jpgIMG_20180704_1901525.jpg

I don't like to attach two levers(brake and clutch),so I used "remote lockout lever"from Ali.
It wasmade for lock MTBs front fork suspension or seat post,but it works well at mopeds clutch.
Because it is simple mechanism of "pull wire and secure, and release when push button".

View attachment 83520View attachment 83521
That is a pretty neat alternative to clutch lever. Any issues adjusting the clutch? Stock needs a pretty long swing, did you have to modify the arm to make sure its fully engaging/disengaging?

That is a pretty neat alternative to clutch lever. Any issues adjusting the clutch? Stock needs a pretty long swing, did you have to modify the arm to make sure its fully engaging/disengaging?
Yes,this parts has short stroke than stock lever. And I didn't modified this parts.
I simply adjusted clutch wire position between "just before activate" and "just after activated".
My engines crutch has suddenly worked point between these two position.
It has wire position adjust screw,like a normal bike brake lever,so it helped me.

I also think about use brake lever like this.
It has 2 cable attach point,so you can pull brake&clutch wire at same time.
It means when you want to stop,you cut down engine power and activate brake with only 1 action.
It is maybe more smart,but of course your lever become heavier than now.
And it has no lock mechanism like stock,so you have to continue pulling lever while red lights.
31zJr9l-jLL._SY355_.jpg

FINALLY I did it!
I replaced front fork,tank,reworked wires,and done.
Don't you think it is cool?
I don't know it is what. Cafe racer,scrambler,board track racer,or something?

IMG_20181118_1438250.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181118_1439264.png
    IMG_20181118_1439264.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20181118_1322280.png
    IMG_20181118_1322280.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20181118_1434469.jpg
    IMG_20181118_1434469.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 238
It looks great! Love the lighting and paint. I won't be painting mine, but the overall style and lighting system is similar to what I'm going for. I like the 3d- printed parts like for your key and speedo.
In one of the pics, it looks like you rear engine mount is odd. Can you show a better view of that? Do you have your mounting brackets sideways?
I had to get a little creative with mounting the motor securely on my cruiser because the steel frame tubes are so small.
I can't find the picture that made me think yours was a little different.

Last edited:
That bike looks better than a lot of builds lately good work, I must ask is there any bicycle engines you know of made there in Japan giraffe? I see you have used a Chinese engine.

Back