Japanese Moped

Hi.
I'm in japan,and making a moped.
Base is beach cruiser from amazon,and it has 2-stroke gasoline engine.
Japanese raw about motorcycle is pretty confusing,but I'm working and studying hard.
Maybe I can ride this in July.
Thank you for reading and sorry to poor English.
IMG_20180704_1901427.jpgIMG_20180704_1901525.jpg

I seizured out my engine, cause lack of engine oil.
One day my moped was knocked down by a malicious neighbor or by the wind.
After few days, I went to drive and I did not notice that almost all the fuel had flowed out.
Engine was stopped cause ran out of fuel, I goes gas station and refueled, but I didn't have engine oil.
I restarted drive and completely forgot about lack of engine oil.
After few hours, engine started "clang-clang", and suddenly stopped.
I pedaled my moped to home, disassembled engine, and watched this.

View attachment 85885

I found piston & cylinder kit on ebay, wait 3 weeks, recieved, and broke my piston ring.
I have to wait over week for new ring _( :3 」∠)_

I always kept a full kit on hand for spare parts

It’s a 48cc not a 66cc
You are right, it is 48cc engine because of japanese raw.
In japan, under 50cc moto calls Gentuki (moped, scooter) and get licence is easy and cheap.
Concretely, it requires only 1 day and 100$.
Over 51cc, under 125cc moto calls Gentsuki class 2, and its licence requires 2 days and over 1000$.

Giraffe, do you remember any link to where you bought your lighting systems? I am also trying to build a road legal moped.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/1613-モンキー-...VEVDEYG3BPS&psc=1&refRID=1D96EYNXQVEVDEYG3BPS
I used this, electric wire kit for honda bike, "monkey".
What I did was very simple. I attach existing bike battery and wiring things to my bike.

IMG_20180701_1235571.jpg

To tell the truth, my bike ran out battery frequently and every time after ride, I remove the battery and charging it from the outlet.
I am trying to solve this problem. I hope that this parts I bought on ebay will help me.↓

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-49-80c...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I tried to use my engine 6V outlet to recharge battery, but ignition coil lose power and engine stops working.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I am excited to see how my motor is going to work I think you saw it it’s a Mitsubishi clone with a starter attached with automatic clutch. I also have a small Subaru engine. Japan makes best small engines much respect for your country.

I'm planning next modification...

And please check out my building video.
I'm planning to next video, it will be more less slideshow and more movies!

Next modification is in progress......

I am planning to improve looks more cafe-racer or scrambler.
It includes sawed off tail parts, shorten handle bar, lowers seat.
Also I want to upgrade its reliability and performance.
I bought chamber, boost bottle, carburetor, and CNC head cover.
Stay tuned! ₍₍ (ง ˘ω˘ )ว ⁾⁾

Back