Japanese Replica of small Harley or Indian ?

The "happyscooter" Virago clone is made by a company called Lifan in China. They are the largest privately held motorcycle/scooter manufacturer in China. I own a Lifan made copy of a Honda CT70 trail/street bike. The quality is very good on these machines. I use mine like a "small scooter on steroids" around town. Lifan actually improved the design by adding electric start and boring/stroking the engine to 110cc. (107cc actual) It can easily cruise at 50mph, tops out at 60 under ideal conditions, and it gets 100mpg! It cost less than $900 - but it does require a motorcycle license and insurance.

Hi arceeguy -- thanks for the information here. Do you have any idea how Lifan does when it comes time to getting parts ? I am not (at this time) looking for a MB engine made in China -- BUT - I do remember way back 1970-1973 - owning a bicycle shop - bicycles and parts made in China were REAL JUNK -- now today take a guess where my mountain bike is made ?? You got it -- CHINA.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

most likely done right

if a Japanese manufacturer ever did a replica vintage Indian or a scaled-down Harley motor for an MB

it would most likely be done right :)

that's what Iam thinking -- done right
and there would be a good demand for such a motor bike

I expect to see one in the next few years
actually I did see an interesting Japanese MB on the inter net
whice I don't think is imported into the US yet
it was pretty nice looking really
but -- just not the exact copy of the Indian Harley look

ride that thing

Google Whizzer and the mentioned site will come up along a lot of other info. Somewhere in the mix you'll see that they are currently being made in Taiwan.

that Timeless Motor Company --- Bicycle made in the USA for around 12 thousand dollars

is the closest THING to an old version Harley or Indian to be seen these days

I am going to check on this -- but
just go to goggle and put in Timeless Motor Company

yes -- for sure -- it is the dream, cream machine... #1

ride that thing sideways

Last edited:
One of those Timeless Motors bikes is the only bike I'd ever consider buying new (old?). I will own one of them when the economy turns around a bit. Then just gotta see if it can be made street legal by way of registering it as a vintage replica (then becomes a 1910 according to the DMV in Arizona.. at least thats how it works with cars here).

I rember seeing bikes with shaft drive several years ago when I bought my last one. I don't remember what name brand they were. What about a 2wheel drive bicycle ? They exist also. I haven't seen nor heard aything about them in years ! I would imagine the off roaders could benefit from them ! As well as I remember you could engage/dis-engaget the front wheel drive drive system on them. You can pedal it in 1 wheel or 2 wheel drive ! If I recall correctly, they were shaft drive, on both the front and rear wheels.

HONEY I know what I want for Christmas

I will own one of them when the economy turns around a bit.

Then just gotta see if it can be made street legal by way of registering it as a vintage replica

would think datz that the guys at Timeless would have them street legal ??
one would not wish to spend over 10 thousand dollars on a MB
and not be able to ride

just thinking that if one could find a Timeless motor bike used
price would be maybe 5 to 8 thousand dollars

HONEY I know what I want for Christmas

ride the MB thing sideways

Back