Japanese Replica of small Harley or Indian ?

Mountainman

Local time
4:27 AM
I am getting back into small MBs... Wondering if there are any Japanese manufactors turning out anything close to these cool old -- small MBs ? I didn't even realize -- until years back going into a neighbors garage down the old dirt road -- he had many of these old collector Harley and Indian MBs.. They have a cool look -- seems like there could be a market out there... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

One thing's for sure, Mountainman, if a Japanese manufacturer ever did a replica vintage Indian or a scaled-down Harley motor for an MB, it would most likely be done right :)

Thanks you guys -- I was just wanting to find out if anything looking like these old MBs were around and hopefully made in Japan.. Doesn't sound very promising... I am already thinking about MB #2.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Hey Mark -- I would like something more laid back than my mountainbike. It's friction drive - I like it. Going to leave the decision for MB #2 open for a while. When I bought #1 I didn't know very much in regards to these engines. Always wanting to learn more and this site - helps a lot. Do you have any ideas for #2 ?
Happy Riding from - Mountainman

My BIL bought a harley replica from pep boys I think and what a piece of junk it was, Im not joking folks the quality and parts were big fat 0s. This was like 50cc or 75cc bike. It looked cute but was a project pit for saturday fixes.

Hey darwin -- yes I have been seeing more and more small gas and elect engine rides at Pep Boys -- as you say -- because of the quality -- when they break down -- might as well just throw them away... Thanks for letting ones know of this sad store that would sell such junk !!! In the OLD DAYS Pep Boys was my grandfather's favorite auto parts store -- still is where we may end up going at times -- but - maybe - buy the best they have.. OK - another auto parts store a while back - I needed an elect part - they had three available - 13, 18 and 25 dollars each -- the 25 dollar part lifetime guarantee -- I was told the 13 dollar part was junk -- traveling much to the hot desert in a motorhome and wanting to break down NEVER - you know which one I bought --- same way I think in regards to MBs -- realizing that many here (as I did when I was younger) enjoy getting the tools out ---- Old Mountainman can do that - when needed - but right now - I just want to ride !!! Mountainman

Thanks you guys -- I was just wanting to find out if anything looking like these old MBs were around and hopefully made in Japan.. Doesn't sound very promising... I am already thinking about MB #2.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman
I asked on various motorcycle forums/newsgroups some months back if there was any company in the entire world that was still building vintage-style motorcycles on the larger 28" wheels, and nobody posted that they knew of any.

The most "antique" brand that got mentioned was the Ural cycles, but those use the post-WWI small ~20" wheels.
~

New Project

Hey Mark -- I would like something more laid back than my mountainbike. It's friction drive - I like it. Going to leave the decision for MB #2 open for a while. When I bought #1 I didn't know very much in regards to these engines. Always wanting to learn more and this site - helps a lot. Do you have any ideas for #2 ?
Happy Riding from - Mountainman

It's in the works as we speak :) It's a friction drive kit from www.bikemotorparts.com, and I have a 40cc 2-stroke Mitsubishi rarin' to go!
The bike is a Huffy cruiser. I'm changing out the cheap wheels for some 140 spoke front & rear; a springer fork, and caliper brakes (for safety). It's laid back, my style of riding :cool: How about a lowrider? That's very laid back;)

Back