jb's Easy motorbike

Pedals not hitting now!!

I took care of my pedal clearance problem. Now I have room to spare.

Attachments

• EZmotorbike 026.jpg
    EZmotorbike 026.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 325
  • EZmotorbike 027.jpg
    EZmotorbike 027.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 320
  • EZmotorbike 028.jpg
    EZmotorbike 028.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 333
jay, could you tell me if it was hard to do the bends and keep them square?
I was already contemplating doing that to my orig crank, but wasn't sure if I could do it straight :cool:

Hi azbill, It took the guy about 12 minutes to do it with a torch, a vise & a pipe to bend it when it was hot. PM me & I'll give you the details.
RusticoRay, I will be in CT. with my wife for the Rally. See you there. Hoping I can fit at least 2 bikes in my old Plymouth Grand Voyager Van & also have room for some of my famous home made wine for the evening after the rides.

Last edited:
Had it on the road today. Runs great!! My driveway is uphill & pulled it easy coming home. Smooth bike & drive system. Taking it & my 99 to Connecticut For the Rally May 2nd. See you there.

almost impossible to get perfect

jay, could you tell me if it was hard to do the bends and keep them square?

that pedal just doesn't seem to look straight
hopefully I am wrong
when bending or straightening a crank I have found it to be
almost impossible to get perfect
pedalling a short distance sure tells the story

ride the motor bike thing

Hi mountainman, Yeah, I thought too that in the one picture the right pedal looks a little off. I rode it today & it seems fine. If I find it's not straight I just take it back & tweak it. It's better than it was, hitting the engine.

Attachments

• EZmotorbike 029.jpg
    EZmotorbike 029.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 344
  • EZmotorbike 030.jpg
    EZmotorbike 030.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 336
another approach jb cruisin pedals

Great looking build, I am in the process now on the EZ kit, I took a little different approach on the pedals, I moved the engine approx. 2 inches forward , tilted the rear of the engine up a little and then changed out the crank with one from a schwinn stingray, I am using the same frame you are and they are a 6 inch crank length.
I have good clearance/don't hit the engine and will then use pedal extenders.

alberndt

Back