Jeff in RI Checking In

jmlarence

Local time
9:17 AM
Hello everyone! Amazing site. Putting a small motor on your existing bicycle and get 100+ mpg - popular concept these days.

I have three vehicles parked in the driveway (Corolla, Tundra, Miata). The Corolla is getting 41mpg, the Tundra gets 19mpg, and the Miata 35mpg. Not bad numbers compaired to some. For everyday short errands (less than 5 miles), I've been riding the bike. Using a trailer for my 5 year old daughter and also for bags from the stores.

I'm sure my situation is like many others who have signed into this forum. Started looking for a moped. Somewhere along the way I saw a photo of a bicycle with a motor. Then to YouTube, then Google. Countless hours bouncing from resellers sites back to this forum. Big stack of notes here on my desk helping me figure out which motor system is best for my budget. Seems everything these days is too complicated. Everyone's got a better mouse trap to sell.

Anyway, thanks to the site developers and moderators for running a clean, helpful forum site. I've found it very helpful. Hoping to have a four stroke rack mounted system installed by August.

Best, Jeff

hey Jeff welcome to the site
there are a lot of really helpful people around here
read read read and then read some more is the only suggestion I have
and happy motoring

hey jeff; welcome. as its been said many times here a friction mount is the easiest to figure out, and least parts. as for an inexpensive engine, throttle kill switch, clutch and such. you might try scootercatalog.com good luck

Hi and thanks for the helpful posts. I'm leaning towards a Staton friction rack mount system with the four stroke Robin -Subaru EH035. Not ordered as of yet - I'm still hunting.

Best, Jeff

welcome, be sure to check out the rides section. I am trying to get a southern new england ride in going on.

Hi Jeff.Welcome to MBc!
I have a goofy video, but it will get you a close up of both GEBE and Staton set ups.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UZT91Dma-E

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Back