Wheels Jesse James West Coast chopper rear wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighat

Local time
11:48 PM
Most comfortable and coolest bike I've ever had. Rear wheel needs new bearings but I cannot find any that are the same dimensions. ANY suggestions as to how to get this chop rolling again are welcome. I ain't no technician so any metal fabricating or welding is out. I'm thinking this bike is all unique parts/ dimensions and as it's no longer made, I may just need to scrap it. Unless someone here can offer a better solution.

Attachments

• DSC02434.JPG
    DSC02434.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 3,138
  • DSC02437.JPG
    DSC02437.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 2,595
Thanks for the reply Frankie. Done been lookin' fer one o'dem wheels. Ain't found but none. Theys all too big er to lil.

Most comfortable and coolest bike I've ever had. Rear wheel needs new bearings but I cannot find any that are the same dimensions. ANY suggestions as to how to get this chop rolling again are welcome. I ain't no technician so any metal fabricating or welding is out. I'm thinking this bike is all unique parts/ dimensions and as it's no longer made, I may just need to scrap it. Unless someone here can offer a better solution.
Hi Bighat where in Ontario are you located? I have a few rear wheels complete for that bike,Your right in that it's getting hard to find parts for these and the collectors are driving up the prices for good stuff.

Hi Bighat where in Ontario are you located? I have a few rear wheels complete for that bike,Your right in that it's getting hard to find parts for these and the collectors are driving up the prices for good stuff.
Hello Ryder, Appreciate your reply. I'm just outside of Toronto in Oshawa. If you have a wheel you'd like to sell, I'd be glad to discuss it further with you in PM's. Let me know.

Really? I actually saw one in real life and decided not to buy it at a yard sale, and I saw one or 2 on Craigslist, they just don't look like they would ride right, or not feel comfortable in the turns or something.. Never actually rode one. The plus is all that room for engine, and also been considering electric, motor and batteries have a ton of room..

Really? I actually saw one in real life and decided not to buy it at a yard sale, and I saw one or 2 on Craigslist, they just don't look like they would ride right, or not feel comfortable in the turns or something.. Never actually rode one. The plus is all that room for engine, and also been considering electric, motor and batteries have a ton of room..
I've allways liked this frame for a few reasons,first that the tubes are very thick walled(better suited to adult weight)for being motorized next is the wheel base being longer is actually more stable and smoother,and the center of gravity being so low you can turn really tight at good speeds comfortably.Lastly as mentioned there is alot of room yes but no easy way to mount an engine it needs some fab work therefore not many people use them witch makes it less commen to see around compared to all the mountain,cruiser,gas frames out there.I agree that an electric version is also a good choice as I have done both and am currently doing a four stroke version.The electric one hauls me and the old lady around town and will do 30 mph 2 up!LOL No pic of the four stroke build yet it's truly from ground up because my son wants to keep the 20"x 3"fat tires and it has to have disk brakes so the wheels are being done at the moment.

Attachments

• 2014-05-13 21.31.14.jpg
    2014-05-13 21.31.14.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 867
  • 2016-10-13 19.16.12.jpg
    2016-10-13 19.16.12.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 2,548
I've allways liked this frame for a few reasons,first that the tubes are very thick walled(better suited to adult weight)for being motorized next is the wheel base being longer is actually more stable and smoother,and the center of gravity being so low you can turn really tight at good speeds comfortably.Lastly as mentioned there is alot of room yes but no easy way to mount an engine it needs some fab work therefore not many people use them witch makes it less commen to see around compared to all the mountain,cruiser,gas frames out there.I agree that an electric version is also a good choice as I have done both and am currently doing a four stroke version.The electric one hauls me and the old lady around town and will do 30 mph 2 up!LOL No pic of the four stroke build yet it's truly from ground up because my son wants to keep the 20"x 3"fat tires and it has to have disk brakes so the wheels are being done at the moment.
I see I see said the blind man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back