Jet change

Kman123

Local time
3:03 AM
So I swithched from the nt carb to the hp carb on a bullet train 2 stroke motor. The bike seemed to run faster and at higher rpm with the nt carb. It is 4 stroking a little on the top end. If i put in a leaner jet will the bike get those rpms back and that little extra speed?

are you full throttle and its 4 stroking at high rpm then it is the main jet. if your quarter throttle putting down the road and it 4 strokes the needle needs too be set more lean

are you full throttle and its 4 stroking at high rpm then it is the main jet. if your quarter throttle putting down the road and it 4 strokes the needle needs too be set more lean
It is four stroking at high speed. Getting there is no problem. But it seems that the nt carb got lets say 1000 more rpm than the hp carb. If I put in a leaner jet should i get higher rpm out of the hp carb?

If its 4 stroking then it's running rich. If you change the jet to a leaner jet the 4 stroking will go and it should rev out more. You will gain more speed because the engine is running more efficiently with the proper mixture. It's a test and tune kind of thing. When I set up my carb I take a screw driver and the jets with me while I'm riding and adjust accordingly until I find the sweet spot. Don't go to lean tho because you risk over heating.

If its 4 stroking then it's running rich. If you change the jet to a leaner jet the 4 stroking will go and it should rev out more. You will gain more speed because the engine is running more efficiently with the proper mixture. It's a test and tune kind of thing. When I set up my carb I take a screw driver and the jets with me while I'm riding and adjust accordingly until I find the sweet spot. Don't go to lean tho because you risk over heating.
Ok so I read that the stock jet is .70 mil so I will start with .69 and down? Thanks.

A leaner fuel mixture burns hotter therefore there engine runs hotter. A rich mixture burns cooler and lowers combustion temperature resulting in a cooler running engine.

Back