Jet size (air to fuel ratio)

jhami970

Local time
9:58 AM
I live at 6000ft elevation and bought a .60mm jet to install to allow more airflow. When i check the spark plug, the bottom is still super oily and black, not the golden brown you want after running it. She tops out at about 25mph on flat. I was wondering if any one knows where i can find a smaller jet than .60mm because that seems to be the smallest I can find or if anyone has tricks to have a higher air to gas ratio. thanks

I live at 6000ft elevation and bought a .60mm jet to install to allow more airflow. When i check the spark plug, the bottom is still super oily and black, not the golden brown you want after running it. She tops out at about 25mph on flat. I was wondering if any one knows where i can find a smaller jet than .60mm because that seems to be the smallest I can find or if anyone has tricks to have a higher air to gas ratio. thanks
This guy has jets smaller than 60. This listing is for a #38 but he has all the sizes. You can also check your local bike shop to get jets.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
For a metric #85 jet at .85mm it looks like between a #65 and #66 drill bit. My cheap harbor freight micro drill set was marked wrong so i measured my bits with a caliper to find the one i needed. I ended up going between two sizes by reaming a little with a small bit but not so much where the next size up went through to get where i wanted.

Back