Jets: The Underside Of The Jets I Bought Look Different. Did I Buy The Wrong Ones?

yuckfoo

Local time
4:14 PM
The underside of the jets I bought look just a bit different than the original jet. The original has a hex top, the new ones do not. I know this is superficial. The undersides seem to have a slightly different depth inside. The hole on the outlet side seems to end closer to the inlet side. Hard to explain. I don't know enough about jets to know if these minor differences can be a problem. Here is the kit I bought. Before I go changing jets are again, are these right?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Also, I was told these carbs come with a 72 jet. Using a sewing needle (I realize it's not perfect science) the original jet appears to be smaller than the 68 jet that I have. Do I have to buy a set of hole gauges now? 😕 The spending never ends! 😅

Oh well, it's only money :-\

I looked at my stock NT jet with a 10x magnifier, but couldn't find any markings. How do we know what size the jet is, and is there such a thing as a jet gauge?
I can only tell you that all the stock NT carbies come with the #70 jet by default...I just dont know how exacting they are when the Chinese put these things together, im sure they all vary somewhat as QC does not seem to be top priority for them...lol...DAMIEN

Found a .67mm straight pin (measured with digital calipers which will not fit into a marked .68 jet. Neither does it fit into the unmarked original jet which is supposedly a .70. It does fit into the marked .70 jet from the kit I bought. Hole size doesn't seem to be based on tight tolerances.

I've had both the hex head and straight slot jets. They"re the same thing. They came in individual baggies marked the size it is. Just try out the jets and see how it runs.

I've had both the hex head and straight slot jets. They"re the same thing. They came in individual baggies marked the size it is. Just try out the jets and see how it runs.
It runs like it's haunted. Nothing makes sense. Things that should make it run lean make it act rich and vice versa. I put in a larger jet, lowered the clip to 2nd from the bottom and now it wants only to start with the choke closed. I give it more fuel and it wants even less air. Makes no sense.

Back