Jetting a 21mm pwk carb at 164ft above sea level?

what kinda of speeds would you guess of a predator 212 bike with governor removed? 70mph then???

Exactly what FNTPuck says, with the governor out, stronger valve springs, 18 lb should do it, billet flywheel and a new rod. If it was a GX engine you wouldn't need the rod. If you plan on going north of 7k rpm then you'll need the crank too. Don't gear it too low or your acceleration will suffer.

Here's a little past time of mine. It's a cycle of sorts.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 151
Yeah it does stay pretty cool. The pipe is even touchable after riding. So the stock would be better than the one I have lol thats crazy. Wished I'd asked before buying this one lol
yea most of the time you can increase performance with the stock head lol (a cheap way to increase compression is take off the stock head gasket and get a NGK B6HS spark plug, the difference is night and day!)

Update: I've hit 47 today and I am very thankful for everyone's help. I took mark20 advice about the stock head and the one I have. I shaved the low compression head down with sand paper (which took forever lol) to where it almost meets with the piston. No port work was done besides cutting the skirt of the piston for the intake and widening the hole on the exhaust pipe and gasket. Cut the end of pipe shorter. Switched the cdh coil wire with one from car. Main jet still 95 strong (thanks mark20) I know with a little more work I could go faster. Hope to have video soon. Think I'm getting the hang of this lol. Learning a lot!!!

Wow I read a lot of mixed up and wrong information here,so first let me say I travel mostly between 500 -1130 ft elevation's and jetting is not really effected until 1500 ft and above, under that is the same as sea level! Now the op's 21mm carb with close to stock port's and a 95 jet is awful lean in the top and will fall off hard after pipe peak,carb tuning is done from the pilot jet up not just the main!This means that if the pilot then needle were set properly the main will be larger to suit the higher flow at higher rpm and still perform properly from idle up to wot.If changing the main jet is effecting the idle or mid range then it's not tuned properly because it shouldn't have any effect on the bottom at all! The whole point to these engines is that they are cheap as dirt compared to most and it's not hard to get major improvements from them without having to spend alot or even any money if you know what to do,yes speed's will vary from user to user depending on ability but knowledge is key to get the most from your engine so read everything you can ask question's of those whom know and make informed decision's before altering anything!The lowest exhaust duration I've ever seen in these engines and mind you that was 10 years ago was 154 degrees not 130 something the current cylinder's are closer to 160,and stock port timing is capable of making decent power by just adding width,2mm on each side is alot! Raising exhaust port height by 4mm is ridiculous since each mm added is over 4 degrees so 16 degrees added to the average 160 is now 176 and that requires alot more work done to the engine than just raising the port to work properly!Last setup is key to making good usable power through out the range I know I use this video a lot as reference to what can be done with these and that's because there still isn't many people able to get 50+ from a stock setup,so here's the proof it can be done!

Wow I read a lot of mixed up and wrong information here,so first let me say I travel mostly between 500 -1130 ft elevation's and jetting is not really effected until 1500 ft and above, under that is the same as sea level! Now the op's 21mm carb with close to stock port's and a 95 jet is awful lean in the top and will fall off hard after pipe peak,carb tuning is done from the pilot jet up not just the main!This means that if the pilot then needle were set properly the main will be larger to suit the higher flow at higher rpm and still perform properly from idle up to wot.If changing the main jet is effecting the idle or mid range then it's not tuned properly because it shouldn't have any effect on the bottom at all! The whole point to these engines is that they are cheap as dirt compared to most and it's not hard to get major improvements from them without having to spend alot or even any money if you know what to do,yes speed's will vary from user to user depending on ability but knowledge is key to get the most from your engine so read everything you can ask question's of those whom know and make informed decision's before altering anything!The lowest exhaust duration I've ever seen in these engines and mind you that was 10 years ago was 154 degrees not 130 something the current cylinder's are closer to 160,and stock port timing is capable of making decent power by just adding width,2mm on each side is alot! Raising exhaust port height by 4mm is ridiculous since each mm added is over 4 degrees so 16 degrees added to the average 160 is now 176 and that requires alot more work done to the engine than just raising the port to work properly!Last setup is key to making good usable power through out the range I know I use this video a lot as reference to what can be done with these and that's because there still isn't many people able to get 50+ from a stock setup,so here's the proof it can be done!

Very informative! Glad I didn't do any porting to the cylinder...yet. By reading your post I see I need to go probably a size or two bigger on pilot and main. What is your setup? So far I run pretty well until I get up into the near 40's then the 4stroking starts. Especially wot. I've read the main jet doesn't come into play until wot. If that's the case my pilot needs to be around the size of my main jet (idk anything about jetting) and my main jet probably needs to go back to stock 105. If I made any sense lol

keep in mind his has a pipe and its a higher-end grubee rat engine, not just a run of the mill ebay special.

play with the jetting a bit, a cheap temp gun will help with that (shouldn't get over 300f. The exhaust will be hotter than the cylinder if its lean, the cylinder will be hotter if it's rich)

but 47mph is pretty good. id leave it at that.
also, mix ratio plays an important part as well. SR runs around 32:1
im closer to 50:1 ( main reason my jetting is leaner than his)

so keep that in mind as well.

Last edited:
Yeah ive learned my lesson messing with those $100 eBay engines. I'm running 32/1 4oz oil now. Was thinking about dropping it to 3oz to see what that does.

Yeah ive learned my lesson messing with those $100 eBay engines. I'm running 32/1 4oz oil now. Was thinking about dropping it to 3oz to see what that does.
you would make it receive more fuel. aka runs richer.
id run some quality oil (Amsoil saber, redline) as your not adding as much oil as you need.

3oz to the gallon is about 45:1

but please go in baby steps, as too little oil can really mess up an engine. and jet accordingly, as well as make sure its not getting too hot (and melting the piston)

Last edited:
Back