Jetting my HP carb

Hello Moto!

Local time
2:07 PM
I just wanted to share how much better my bike runs after replacing the main jet in my HP carb or Dellorto clone..whatever ya call it. I don't know what size comes in these factory but after a lot of trial and error I have come to rest on a .64mm size main. The difference this has made is substantial. I have solid throttle response from low to high and can easily reach 30mph. Before rejetting, the throttle was muddy after 15mph and it was a struggle to reach 25mph. Me being 240lbs and using a 44t sprocket, I am totally happy with reaching 30mph. Most of the time I cruise around at 20mph anyways. The cool thing was that the jets marketed for an NT carb worked flawlessy with the HP. I believe they are 5mm jets and I bought a kit from .59-.80 in .01 increments for $20.00.

I'm just happy with how dramatic a difference this has made with my bikes performance. I have a completely stock motor with the HP carb. Awesome :cool:

The SHA clone is very limited to adjustments you can make just like the NT. I run a SHA clone on build one but for build two I will be running a fully adjustable Mikuni.

Very good information and is why most that are big enthusiasts are running them now as they are MUCH better.
http://www.dragonfly75.com/jaguar/intakes.html

Back