Joannou trike

try 1897

Local time
6:28 PM
This is for my sister to ride.

Not gonna happen my sister is a pedal only for now and won't even get on my bikes. She's off to buy tires as I speak. Maybe electric one day. Where is a Joannou made if anyone knows. This looks to be an old one. Tom

That trike could be a real terror with one of those 212cc kits.

Could be a piece of unstable, torque-steering, vibrating crap with one of those 212cc kits. Electric is way more practical. Best part of that is setting up the batteries down low to counter the tip-happy nature of trikes. The motor itself is way more compact and delivers smooth torque. I've been theory-crafting on a narrow-track Worksman trike myself, for a family member. That thing would tip over if an asthmatic wolf coughed on it.

That's my worksman mover 1980 with the vintage bike bug to the left of hers. It does 20 but she won't get on it. She's a pedal person. The Joannou is one third the weight of mine. Tom

So it has the wrong seat bars front wheel but the rest of it seems original. No front fender. The inside of the pedal crank is stamped 6/71 . I assume it's a 1971.??? I still don't know where a Joannou comes from ??? Anybody know about them??? Tom

Not being a dick but 2 seconds.

Not being a dick but 2 seconds.

ok ok I'm not sure about this one . The trike is painted and all put together. Cleaning the made in france rear rims I uncovered 26 x 1- 3/8 Samir Saminox made in france . Trying to mount 26 inch Chinese walmart tires don't fit. Measuring my rims they are actually 22 inches and the Joannou is 24 inches . Not gonna work.

Back