John Deere Zipcycle

Presented for your inspection...another Zipcycle, a John Deere model using a '70s era cruiser frame and the Homelite string trimmer that I used on the lawn this summer (I've got until next spring before the wife finds out its gone!). My JD replica seat had not arrived, so I placed the cruiser saddle on it for pictures. Now if I can locate one of those miniature bales of hay for the luggage rack, I plan to hit a few tractor shows next year.
Still having too much fun.....
Tom Bartlett

Attachments

• 000_0164.jpg
    000_0164.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,023
  • 000_0167.jpg
    000_0167.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,439
Last edited by a moderator:
Presented for your inspection...another Zipcycle, a John Deere model using a '70s era cruiser frame and the Homelite string trimmer that I used on the lawn this summer (I've got until next spring before the wife finds out its gone!). My JD replica seat had not arrived, so I placed the cruiser saddle on it for pictures. Now if I can locate one of those miniature bales of hay for the luggage rack, I plan to hit a few tractor shows next year.
Tom Bartlett

Tom, I love the zipcycle with the jackshaft to the rear wheel with the belt. I am looking at my trimmer motor with no clutch to see what I can do with it. The jackshaft would make a good clutch. Can you take a look at my engine and give me some hints? Where did you get the jackshaft or did you make it yourself? Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Bartlett

Mr. Bartlett,

Is there anywhere to get parts for a ZipCycle? I recently bought one from a lady, but I think it needs a wheel drive. That's the only thing I know that it needs. It had a number stamped on it "00017." It has 6 miles on it. It was barely ridden and then stored. I have no idea how old it actually is. It's in great shape and I want to get it running to ride it. There is barely any information on the web about these bikes apparently.

Zip Cycle questions...

Do you happen to know what year my Zip Cycle was made? Serial number is 000032 Mercury blue. How many of these were produced? Can't seem to find any history online. mine is completely original (even the grips)... except it appears that one wheed has been replaced, is the original wheel chrome or brushed finish?

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/jaxdrifter/S006.jpg

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/jaxdrifter/S007.jpg
I know this is an old thread, but I'm following.... Did you every find out anything? My bike is stamped "000017." I think I need a wheel drive, but I'm not sure what the original wheel drive even looked like.

Back