Joined when ?

LewieBike

Mine was a $25 basket case from a garage sale. The owners didn't know what they had, it was in two boxes and the bicycle part had barely survived two young pre-teen kids beating on it for 5 years.

The front wheel was trashed, the forks bent and I bought a Motobecane moped front wheel and laced a pair 24" alloy MTB rims to both hubs. I fixed the fork after straightening out the wheels. It rode pretty nice with the slightly bigger lighter wheels, but the engine weight on the fork meant it was a bit heavy steering. I could get about 170 mpg with mine, the little .4 gallon tank was remarkably adequate for most of a week's trips. Great for garage sale puttering about. Always got comments about it. Surprising how many remember seeing them in France or knew somone who owned one.

I ended up trading it for a pair of non running 1969 Yamaha trail bikes. In retrospect I should have kept it as it was in better working order than it was new.

Spare_Parts

My first motorized bike was a velosolex 4600. I rode it till the tires came off, then parked it for over a year and sold it to a guy in Alberta for $500. Not bad for a free bike I pulled from a barn. It always felt weird riding a front wheel drive bicycle with all that weight on the front tire. View attachment 89247View attachment 89249
FWD is dope! So much faster! 2fast what! Lol.

Those are cool in a weird French way.

GreasyChris

FWD is dope! So much faster! 2fast what! Lol.

Those are cool in a weird French way.
They are cool in their own way. I know they still have velo solex groups around the world. It had a spring loaded lever you'd pull tho raise and lower the engine off the front tire. Mine would do 30km on flat road with the wind pushing you and you'd have to lift the engine going down hill. You'd gets lots of looks from people wondering what the hell it was. Have you seen a 2 wheel drive jeep rubicon bicycle?