Juggernaut super 30 series drive clutch.

It might be too much clutch for a stock briggs! It says that in sales disclaimer, not suited for stock governed briggs. I bought clutch on a whim, I can use it on my Alky briggs engine i got it's good for 10000+rpms
Does that Briggs have a vane governor? Easy enough to take that off, and besides, there's no provision on your new carb for the hook up.

It might be too much clutch for a stock briggs! It says that in sales disclaimer, not suited for stock governed briggs. I bought clutch on a whim, I can use it on my Alky briggs engine i got it's good for 10000+rpms
It's going to eat up 2 3/4 HP to move the springs... 🤣

A couple lighter springs in that driver will make it come on earlier.

Does that Briggs have a vane governor? Easy enough to take that off, and besides, there's no provision on your new carb for the hook up.
The old flatheads have a gear that runs off of camshaft with fly weights with mechanical govern linkage to carb.

Ok guys super 30 series drive clutch showed up today, looks to be a nice unit. I'll try & disassemble & show you the roller weights,springs & ramp plate/spider on the inside in the next day or 2. It dont have a bushing in the center like original style clutch, so I'm wondering if it got missed or it dont use 1. Here is a couple pics for now.
20220427_133547.jpg
20220427_133631.jpg

Ok guys super 30 series drive clutch showed up today, looks to be a nice unit. I'll try & disassemble & show you the roller weights,springs & ramp plate/spider on the inside in the next day or 2. It dont have a bushing in the center like original style clutch, so I'm wondering if it got missed or it dont use 1. Here is a couple pics for now.View attachment 173307View attachment 173308
I think it would burn the belt without the bushing.

Back