Junkyard predator 212 non hemi.

DieselTech

Local time
6:45 AM
Ok everyone, I was at junkyard the other day & found this predator 212 complete & laying in a pile of junk.
So anyway it would lock up if the crank was rotated 180° from side to side.
My 1st thoughts was a broke connecting rod, but upon getting it home & diagnosing problem, the governor arm was hitting the crankshaft throws/counterweights, resulting in it locking up with a 180° crank rotation.
I'm looking at building my 1st predator & wanting some build suggestions. Heres a couple pics.
My thoughts on the build since the piston is .020" below deck height, is a .020" longer billet rod.
Billet +.020" connecting rod.
Billet flywheel.
Forged Flattop .570" compression height piston.
Fire cam 265.= more duration than theHot cam 265
26lb valve springs.
Champion X rocker arms.
Chromemoly 5.200" hardened pushrods.
. 028"-.032" MLS head gasket.
Cylinder head studs.

Note: it's a 27/25mm valve size head. Marked RTC-14 with 5mm valve stems.
I'm looking for build suggestions on it, plus info on the rtc-14 cylinder head.
Everything I find on internet is about the rtc-6, rtc-8 or the rtc-9 cylinder head. The RTC-9 cylinder head is a factory 27/25mm stainless steel valve head with a 22cc chamber.
Thanks everyone!!!
Lmao sorry for winded post.🤣😂🤣
20221029_215302.jpg
20221029_214757.jpg
20221029_214835.jpg
20221029_214901.jpg
20221029_215042.jpg
20221029_215149.jpg

Did you pull the gov? Can't remember if those are on the side wall of the case or the top.

The first thing I'd do is port the head, if you shine a light through the port, from outside in, you'll probably get spot on the bench the shape of an eye, unless it has already been done. You can remove enough material to make the light spot on the bench almost round.

Did you pull the gov? Can't remember if those are on the side wall of the case or the top.

The first thing I'd do is port the head, if you shine a light through the port, from outside in, you'll probably get spot on the bench the shape of an eye, unless it has already been done. You can remove enough material to make the light spot on the bench almost round.
Yeah it's getting a governor delete, I've read on the predator heads that the biggest gain on porting is to radius the short side of the ports on the intake & exhaust runners/ports.

Yeah it's getting a governor delete, I've read on the predator heads that the biggest gain on porting is to radius the short side of the ports on the intake & exhaust runners/ports.
Easiest thing to do too, just a nice coarse rat tail file. Take out everything you can see above the valve seat, take it easy and make a knife edge around the valve guide.

I'm not sure what I'm going to use this engine on yet. But I did learn all over again/lmao reminded me. It cost money to build fast!!!🤣😂🤣 I did not realize you could spend $1200 just on the cylinder head & valve train for a predator 212.

Never owned a trike. Seems reading that there's a huge difference in build quality. I'd want a well-built unit if you're going to all the trouble.

Back